Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Sorry that this wasn’t out earlier! Two sick children is not a conducive environment for writing...who knew????
- The Badgers volleyball team got back on the winning track over the weekend. Bob and Rock will have more on that later today and tomorrow. Big match coming up this week against the other UW.
- Speaking of wearing certain clothes to Wisconsin sporting events, this weekend’s football game is a stripe out situation. Don’t mess this up for all of us by wearing red in a white section, ok?
- There are a number of good games on the docket for the men’s basketball home schedule and hopefully the student section is rocking for them.
- Greg Gard is still out there on the recruiting trail trying to make sure Twitter commenters don’t have him out on his ass without a job.
Wisconsin’s Greg Gard will be in tomorrow for Top-100 senior Zed Key, a source told @Stockrisers.— Jake (@jakeweingarten) September 15, 2019
- Doesn’t matter what country it is, Nigel Hayes is gonna be a weird dude that I love.
- The Miami Dolphins may be the worst professional football team in recorded history, but that ain’t going to stop Vince Biegel from sacking Tom Brady!
- Penn State/Pitt was a brutal affair to watch. PSU won though and are they the second best team in the B1G East?
- El Assico lived up to its billing as the “most Iowa football game” ever.
- Ohio State is good. Indiana is not as good.
- Will Nebraska be No. 1 in the new volleyball poll?
- Illinois beat Marquette in volleyball, which isn’t as easy as it sounds.
- Rutgers volleyball has won six straight matches. Will this early season success translate once their tough conference schedule starts?
- Can Minnesota look like hot garbage in every game this year and still become bowl eligible? Hell, right now they are on pace to do that and also be undefeated.
- Michigan opens up as an underdog against Wisconsin.
- Rondale Moore did not play well. Coincidentally, Purdue got stomped by TCU.
- Presumed B1G Champion Maryland lost at Temple on Saturday. What went wrong?
- LOL at Michigan State losing to Arizona State.