Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Another day, another football recruiting win. On Tuesday night, WR Isaac Smith of Tennessee announced that he was verbally committing to Wisconsin. Paired with the Monday announcement of Ohio DE James Thompson Jr. committing has lead to a pretty eventful bye week.
- An uplifting story on safety Collin Wilder.
- A thorough breakdown of the newest women’s basketball recruit, Halle Douglass, and her family ties to the Badgers.
- With players like Sydney Hilley on the roster, I don’t think the volleyball team will be down for too long.
- Trey Wingo brings up a valid point. Every NFL team should have a Wisconsin offensive lineman.
- The Dolphins know the score! Even though no one wants to play there and they’re trying to be one of the worst teams in the league.
- Here is Jim Polzin’s story on Howard Moore. I clicked through this one multiple times to make sure it wasn’t behind a paywall.
The Moore family is all about love and kindness and togetherness. That's the spirit the #Badgers are trying to carry forward as they continue to cope with tragedy while trying to find some normalcy. https://t.co/pn7XBKbRqQ— Jim Polzin (@JimPolzinWSJ) September 10, 2019
- These unis are DOPE.
Remember the '80s?— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerMSoccer) September 9, 2019
Alumni weekend coming up October 19. Here’s a blast from the past.
- IMPORTANT B1G PUNTER AWARDS UPDATE:
Rutgers punter Adam Korsak is the Ray Guy Award Punter of the Week: pic.twitter.com/XlYQnUqkia— Nicole Auerbach (@NicoleAuerbach) September 10, 2019
The Punter from The Land Down Under had himself a day! pic.twitter.com/cgPRSsUsHH— The Birthplace (@RFootball) September 10, 2019
- This is wrong! If you are an Iowa fan and you go to Ames this weekend for the game you should eat at Super Dog!
- Penn State wrestling travels to Wisconsin on Feb. 7th. That will be a big measuring stick for how the program is doing.
- Go vote in Corn Nation’s Cob of the Week just to see who they’ve picked so far. It is pretty predictable.
- Elijah Sindelar has a “slight” concussion. What the hell is a “slight” concussion? Purdue seems confident that he’ll play this weekend.
- Michigan also has a flashy backup quarterback that occasionally gets playing time. What the hell are they going to do with him?
- A 4-star in-state LB for the 2021 class verbally committed to Ohio State.
- No Wisconsin teams made the ESPN list of Top-150 Teams in CFB History, but the Badgers were listed as footnotes for a couple of the teams that did make the list. UW lost to No. 34 Ohio State (2002), No. 56 Southern Cal (1962) who beat No. 2 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl that year, No. 111 TCU (2010) who beat No. 4 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl that season, No. 118 Ohio State (2014) who blew out the Badgers in the B1G title game and No. 131 Ole Miss (1962) who ended up finishing behind Southern Cal and Wisconsin that year in the final poll. Whole lot of sad memories in the for Wisconsin.
- Michigan State got a 4-star center from Utah for its 2020 basketball class.