Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Question for the fine readers of this site: what do you want to see out of our basketball coverage this year? With the bye week upon us, we have a little extra time to plan stuff out and I figured I’d outsource some of that to you, the
poor sapsbeautiful geniuses that have to read it. Let me know in the comments plz.
- One of the two recruits that the football team got over the weekend was announced on Monday. 3-star Ohio DE James Thompson, Jr. is the 15th known member of the 2020 class.
- An emotional look at how the men’s basketball team has been dealing with their emotions surrounding assistant coach Howard Moore.
Here is our story on how the #Badgers have been affected by/dealt with the tragic accident involving assistant Howard Moore and his family. Not enough room to detail everything. https://t.co/BxyrNphvoU— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) September 10, 2019
- The champs are here.
- I mean, duh. Cole Caufield will be in Madison for one season. And it’ll be AMAZING!
Cela n'est pas un surprise, mes amis.— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) September 9, 2019
(It says that Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin says one thing he can tell the media is that Cole Caufield won't play four years in college. I don't think even the most optimistic #Badgers fan was hoping for that. Also, pardon my French.) https://t.co/m7TDMUm43J
- Badgers volleyball legend Lauren Carlini is joining Sam Dekker in Russia.
Pro Season #3 ➡️ Headed to Moscow! So pumped to be able to play for @vldinamo!!! Bring on that Russian Winter, Wisconsin has prepared me for this! New season, new challenges, new opportunities..... let’s get it! pic.twitter.com/RSuCg0C5GF— Lauren Carlini (@laurencarlini) September 9, 2019
- The defense, it is good. The running back, is also good.
Top Passing Defenses— Pick Six Previews (@PickSixPreviews) September 9, 2019
- Opponent QB Rating
59 - Wisconsin
66 - TCU
69 - UCF
83 - Notre Dame
85 - Temple
86 - Iowa
86 - Kansas State
86 - Oregon
88 - Baylor
89 - Memphis
90 - Alabama
90 - Missouri
92 - NC State
92 - UVA
95 - Cal
- Student season tickets for men’s basketball go on sale Thursday.
We get the Kohl Center— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) September 9, 2019
This season, we host four teams ranked in ESPN’s Preseason Top 25:
▪️ #1 Michigan State
▪️ #10 Maryland
▪️ #12 Ohio State
▪️ #22 Marquette@UWMadison student season tickets go on sale Thursday at 7 a.m. (CT)!
- WE’RE NO. 13!
- Leaked list of celebrity guest pickers for GameDay in Ames! I love El Assico so much.
- Stock report for Penn State football after two weeks.
- I’m pretty sure this post on Corn Nation is satire but...I don’t know.
- Purdue QB Elijah Sindelar was named B1G Player of the Week. Well, technically. Many people are saying Jack Coan was the REAL B1G POTW.
- Ohio State’s men’s soccer team has already beaten last year’s win total!
- Ohio State’s punter, Drue Chrisman, was named the B1G Special Teams Player of the Week. Fine, whatever, you’re probably saying. BUT YOU ARE WRONG! This is a miscarriage of justice that must be righted.
Rutgers punter Adam Korsak was otherworldly in his game against Iowa. He’s the only reason that Iowa didn’t score 70 points! Iowa fans are, quite frankly, outraged that he didn’t win the award.
Some personal news: In lieu of @AdamKorsak being ROBBED of this week’s B1G Special Teams Player of the Week award we’re proud to declare him the inaugural winner of the BHGP Award for Punting Good n Stuff. Congrats Adam! pic.twitter.com/I9AmQ4e8sp— BlackHeartGoldPants (@BHGP) September 10, 2019
Even Chrisman said Korsak should’ve won!
- Michigan QB Shea Patterson is banged up.
- Projected conference wins from Bill C.
Not much of one, really (which probably isn't the answer you were hoping for).— Bill Connelly (@ESPN_BillC) September 9, 2019
East: Ohio St 7.4, PSU 6.2, Mich St 5.4, Mich 5.2
West: Wisc 7.0, Iowa 6.0, everyone else 4.6 or lowerhttps://t.co/Zqot2iQ1E2
- THE TERPS ARE RANKED!
- Michigan State’s uniforms on Saturday sure were...something.
- Too many Izzos on the basketball team imo.
Michigan State has its 2019-20 roster posted on its website. Among the new additions: Steven Izzo, son of Tom, a walk-on freshman from Lansing Catholic— Kyle Austin (@kylebaustin) September 6, 2019
- Talkin’ bout the ‘Noles.
A homeless man just stood up in Starbucks and started giving a speech about how to fix FSU football. I can’t escape it— Tashan Reed (@tashanreed) September 9, 2019