Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The Badgers men’s basketball team got a late (for me, because I’m old) night commitment from a 2020 in-state wing on Thursday. Read all about it here.
- Matt and Tyler both attended the seventh practice of Wisconsin’s fall camp on Thursday. Read Matt’s offensive review and Tyler’s defensive review and be the smartest person in your Badgers group text.
- Getting to the quarterback is going to be key for the Badgers this year. Zack Baun should help.
Zack Baun was a terror for opposing offenses last season. pic.twitter.com/CaddvpS8GZ— PFF College (@PFF_College) August 8, 2019
- Keeping pressure off of our own quarterback will be this guy’s job.
- God, I hate Bascom Hill so much.
Is there any better way to finish off summer workouts?— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerWBB) August 8, 2019
Summer 2019 ✔️ pic.twitter.com/xGXy9NRabR
- ::fans self:: Is it hot in here? Or is it just Brevin Pritzl’s shorts?
- I’ve never been to a college wrestling match but one time during March Madness some guys showed up at a party we were having and tried to change the channel from basketball to wrestling. I didn’t like them, but wrestling is ok.
- Tough luck for D’Cota Dixon, but this does mean he gets a guaranteed salary this year!
The Bucs have signed guard Salesi Uhatafe and have placed safety D'Cota Dixon on injured reserve. Dixon was having a heck of a camp. "[He's] smart [and] tough," Bruce Arians said when I asked him about Dixon earlier in camp. "[He's] really got a chance... https://t.co/VoVxRvc7xb— JennaLaineESPN (@JennaLaineESPN) August 8, 2019
- Looking good, Troy Vincent!
- Gary Barta will be the athletic director at Iowa long after you or I have shuffled off this mortal coil.
- “Alexa? How do you fight a tweet?”
HJ really excited about returning talent. Says the talent at NU is on par with Clemson— Inside NU (@insidenu) August 7, 2019
- Rutgers got a verbal commitment from a New Jersey 3-star OL.
- I’ve always said it’s best to never evaluate yourself after enormous embarrassments on national stages. Michigan defensive coordinator Dom Brown also says this.
- Bold and Mild takes for MSU’s season from The Only Colors.
- I like Stevie Scott and I like Indiana’s running backs. Sue me.