Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Quintez Cephus is looking to get readmitted to Wisconsin and Paul Chryst, along with many current and former players, are ready to welcome him back.
- I do not know what the Zoink Gang is, but I’m hoping to become a member sooner rather than later.
For anyone curious about what Wisconsin's football practice playlist looked like today, here it is in all its glory. Somehow, the same Lil Uzi Vert song made it on there twice (this is what you're here for, right?) ... Adjust your Spotify or Amazon Music playlists accordingly. pic.twitter.com/otytJmtKFT— Jesse Temple (@jessetemple) August 7, 2019
Let it be known that the Dragonforce song on this playlist owns so hard and will literally melt the skin off your bones. It’s also hard to not notice (read: no one else noticed this) the Philadelphia flavor in this playlist. “Knock Knock” by Mac Miller used to be the theme song for the Flyers and Meek Mill’s “Championships” album is basically a love note to the Eagles.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are quickly turning into the Florida Badgers.
D’Cota Dixon and Beau Allen are backup S and NT; Jack Cichy is third string ILB; Dare Ogunbowale is fourth string RB https://t.co/iujFlxBf7T— Bucky's 5th Quarter (@B5Q) August 7, 2019
- Matt was unable to attend practice on Wednesday due to professional obligations but some guy who used to work here, I think, did and has the updated injury report for you.
LIMITED: OL Brown (left arm), CB J. Williams (right leg), both Van Lanen and Biadasz (right arm)— Jake Kocorowski (@JakeKoco) August 7, 2019
OUT: Davis (core), Loudermilk (left arm), Currens (leg right), Engram (right leg), Furtney (left arm), Green (right leg), Lytle (right leg), Schipper (left leg), Smithback (right leg)
- Wisconsin, Northwestern and Iowa do the most with the least, in terms of star ratings from recruiting services.
Staff's ability to win games relative to their expectation from raw recruiting rankings:— Pick Six Previews (@PickSixPreviews) August 7, 2019
- My "Win Conversion" formula
3 Kansas State
9 OK State
10 NC State
Texas, UCLA and Tennessee get the least out of the most you say? Hate to see it.
- In case you were still wondering if Tyler Biadasz is good allow me to help:
2019 ALL-AMERICAN TEAM— Pick Six Previews (@PickSixPreviews) August 7, 2019
• Preseason, Offense pic.twitter.com/nnKMGLe02p
- I...also must have missed this. I can’t believe the “Skyler Meyers” Google alert I set up didn’t work!
Perhaps a little late on this, but saw that Skyler Meyers - ever so briefly a #Badgers LB - signed on with FCS Northern Iowa. Won't have to sit out a year.— Dave Heller (@dave_heller) August 7, 2019
- It is often said that Tyler Biadasz is the Lauren Carlini of the Badgers offensive line.
- The only way to settle this is a dunk contest between Micah Potter and Trevor Anderson. MAKE IT HAPPEN GREG GARD!
- All soccer is is running and running and running and maybe kicking a ball. It looks awful and I love it and I’m glad there are some people who are good at it.
- The New York Rangers are the worst. K’Andre Miller is not. He’s the best.
“@kandre_miller is a real likable kid. He has this attitude about him that people just want to be around him.”— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) August 7, 2019
Couldn't have said it better. Learn all about the #NYR prospect's week in Plymouth & his mindset heading into Season ✌with @BadgerMHockey. pic.twitter.com/X6BgYhxqa1
- Nebraska has a quarterback. He’s pretty good.
- Northwestern has a grad transfer punter that has played for more teams in his college career than Rutgers wins usually. (He’s played for three teams now)
- Maryland and Indiana are the top two ranked teams in the country in the preseason United Soccer Coaches top-25. MSU is ranked no. 7 and Michigan is no. 24 while the Badgers are receiving votes, which if you are Nebraska football you count as being ranked.
- No one is really quite sure what to make of the Badgers or the B1G West this year.
- Well, looks like we can count out Madrid for replacing Rutgers in the Big Ten next year.
- College football is almost here. We made it.
two solid minutes of all that football montage set to..."Neck" https://t.co/rVBI8wgpM5— BUM CHILLUPS (@edsbs) August 8, 2019
I wish the playlist that the Badgers played at practice was all Dem Franchize Boyz on second thought.
- The people have spoken. Spotted Cow is...::pushes bile back down throat::...good. THERE! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, JAKE?!?!