Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- I am extremely intimidated by this photograph. I half expect Leo Chenal to burst through the wall of my bedroom and start bench pressing my bed.
Leo Chenal put on the freshman 15 in each one of his thighs. https://t.co/5jCVrP5OZy— Bucky's 5th Quarter (@B5Q) August 6, 2019
Biggest hit of the day: #Badgers frosh LB Leo Chenal on a blitz vs. RS frosh TB Nakia Watson. Chenal at 250; Watson at 229. Chenal came in full-speed, sent Watson flying and then went after Jack Coan. Would have been a sack in a game. Damn.— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) August 5, 2019
- Speaking of fall camp! Our very own Matt Belz was in attendance Monday at Camp Randall (well, the practice field just north of Camp Randall) and has a great recap of what he saw.\
- Here are the first team offense and defense:
No. 1 defense:— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) August 5, 2019
DE Matt Henningsen (Loudermilk out)
NT Bryson Williams
DE Garrett Rand
OLB Zack Baun
ILB Chris Orr
ILB Jack Sanborn
OLB Izayah Green-May
CB Deron Harrell
S Scott Nelson
S Reggie Pearson
CB Rachad Wildgoose
- Oh my goodness gracious. HOW DOES A HUMAN BEING MAKE A CATCH LIKE THAT?!?!
- J.J. Watt is many things and one of those things is wrong about Spotted Cow.
Watt said midway through practice he thought about sneaking up to the stands for a brat, cheese curds and Spotted Cow. Asked what’s so great about Spotted Cow: “It’s delicious. It’s nutritious.” Yeah, he Wisconsin.— Ryan Wood (@ByRyanWood) August 5, 2019
- I forgot to mention this earlier, but Sam Dekker finally signed with a team. While it isn’t in the NBA, Lokomotiv Kuban (Russia) is one of the best teams in Russia (read: it’s a team I’ve heard of). Hopefully Dekker has a great season in Europe and is back in the NBA for 2020.
A look back at my very short time in Cleveland. A lot of people have said what i am and what i can’t be. I’m very grateful for the opportunity @lokobasket has given me and I’m excited to step into this big role and compete for a championship. I’ll be back! pic.twitter.com/5ECTVCur3M— Sam Dekker (@dekker) August 6, 2019
- I’m fairly confident that if Cole Caufield is as good as advertised then the Badgers are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the B1G.
Related: the Badgers men’s hockey roster is updated for the 2019-20 season.
- Badgers women’s soccer star midfielder Victoria Pickett is on the preseason MAC Hermann Trophy, given to the most outstanding male and female player in the nation, watch list.
- Ohio State long snapper Liam McCullough has an excellent fashion sense.
The 2019 edition of Liam McCullough’s famous shirt. pic.twitter.com/FHSyd8VrwE— Dan Hope (@Dan_Hope) August 5, 2019
- News and notes from Penn State’s media day and first practice open to the media. Good nugget on Kyle Korver spurning the Sixers in favor of the Bucks.
- Iowa is still in the hunt for a 4-star big man in the 2020 class.
- Nebraska practice news and notes. It’s best to read these while high, like the team does.
- I wonder what being a fan of a team like Ohio State is like? They needed a backup QB in the transfer market and ended up with a 4-star talent who started his career at Kentucky and is happy being the backup because he grew up in Ohio cheering for the Buckeyes. Tough life.
- Jim Harbaugh can eat my whole entire butt. You know whose legacy is tarnished by not showing up in bowl games? Yours, ya 1-3 in bowl games while the head coach of Michigan looking ass.