Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The Badgers volleyball team was picked by the coaches as the best team in the conference. Dana Rettke and Sydney Hilley were also named to the all-conference team. Again, gonna be a fun season at the Fieldhouse.
- “Yes, hello? I’d like to hire a contractor. I have ran through every wall in my home and need them fixed after seeing watching this video.” That’s me, on the phone with a local contractor.
Among returning FBS running backs, Jonathan Taylor ranks:— PFF College (@PFF_College) August 26, 2019
1st in 10+ yard runs (61)
1st in yards after contact (1,309)
1st in First Downs + TDs rushing (96)
1st in overall grade (92.2)#JT23 is fixing to put on a show!
(Via @BadgerFootball) pic.twitter.com/DLMV2JHwkb
- Punt to win, baby.
- Badgers in the NFL update:
Bruce Arians on LB Jack Cichy: "He's turning into one of my favorites."@jackCICHY coming back from a second ACL injury... put up 9 tackles, 1 pass defended, 1 QB hit in two preseason games #Bucs pic.twitter.com/vLDxdF3Gl9— Grace Remington (@GraceRemiWTSP) August 26, 2019
J.J. Watt has the shoes that everyone in my middle school wanted. He’s so lucky!
- It does not surprise me that Montee Ball has started a CBD company with tweets like this.
Check this out. Imagine if multiple organizations around the country purchased an X amount of Popeyes chicken sandwiches and handed them out for free after you’ve voted. Those lines would be longer than Popeyes lines.. just sayin.— Montee Ball (@MonteeBall28) August 26, 2019
- Seems like too many players on the ice might be a penalty the Badgers come across once or twice with practices like this.
- History is cool! ::gives thumbs up to camera::
Welcome to @BadgersHistory!— BadgersHistory (@BadgersHistory) August 26, 2019
This account will share items from our vast collection of Wisconsin Athletic artifacts
With @BadgerFootball starting this week, here's proof Barry Alvarez was expecting big things from this program well before most of us. pic.twitter.com/IH0KN8jR82
- Wilma Jean Wrinkles.
- 2018 national champ Seth Gross was granted a sixth year of eligibility. Here’s how the Wisconsin wrestling lineup looks now.
- Since we are now in the thick of USF GAME WEEK, we’ll try and post links from USF sources every day so you can know Wisconsin’s opponent better than they know themselves.
Another good film breakdown over at The Daily Stampede.
Starting MLB Nico Sawtelle is out indefinitely.
Charlie Strong press conference roundup.
The weather is going to suck in Tampa on Friday.
The Bulls are still waiting to hear if KJ Sails will be eligible to play on Friday.
- 10 bold predictions for Iowa this season.
- A 4-star Florida RB committed to Penn State.
- Some Michigan freshmen that might get some run this year.
- The ABCs of Ohio State football.
- Northwestern’s women’s soccer team is off to an 0-2 start. To be fair, the Wildcats are extremely young and in rebuilding mode, but not the way they imagined the season starting.
- Maryland named Va. Tech transfer and Dawson’s Creek heartthrob Josh Jackson their starting QB.
- This man’s name is Michael Penix. He is the starting QB at Indiana. ::giggles uncontrollably::
- The Daily Gopher staff is...confident in Minnesota’s success this year. There are 10 of them predicting the Gophers final record and the lowest, THE LOWEST, win total is eight.