Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The fall season of Wisconsin athletics started off with a win. The Badgers women’s soccer team is in Florida for the weekend and beat UCF 1-0 on Thursday.
- Tony “Magic Johnson’s Tweets” Granato is excited about the start of another year of sports!
- Speaking of Granato, here is a nice writeup on why his team may be the most exciting in men’s hockey this season.
- Reggie Bush sat down with Jonathan Taylor and they broke down some film. This’ll be good.
- Montee Ball coming at the king!
I got mad respect for Dayne but ima mess with him a little bit here. Imagine if I started my freshman year and the first half of my sophomore season. People forget.. those stats came from 2.5 years of starting. #OnWisconsin #Badgers #ThursdayThoughts pic.twitter.com/SDTxFcGOS6— Montee Ball (@MonteeBall28) August 22, 2019
- Three Badgers are on the Senior Bowl watch list.
- Watch List SZN
- Badgers in the NFL update:
Jack Cichy has made it back from his second ACL surgery https://t.co/sfk2moCdIO— Tampa Bay Times (@TB_Times) August 22, 2019
Bro that sandwich ain’t doing numbers like that— F L ⚡️ S H (@Melvingordon25) August 22, 2019
Rough day for Melvin Gordon. He should just come hang out with me!
- Yesterday was Wilma Jean Wrinkles’ birthday. I hope you all celebrated accordingly.
- Wisconsin is looking to beat UNC in basketball again. Vote for the Badgers all-decade March Madness team!
Wisconsin vs. North Carolina— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) August 22, 2019
Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament
Where have we seen this before?
We've got another @marchmadness Sweet 16 matchup vs. North Carolina in the Team of the Decade bracket
Vote in the linked tweet! #OnWisconsin #tbt pic.twitter.com/6T6pafgseC
- Great write-up on Badgers volleyball player Riley Bell. The annual Red-White Scrimmage is on Saturday at the Field House, btw.
- Here’s a fun fact that almost made me puke yesterday!
Crazy stat: Northwestern owns a winning record against every team in the B1G West since the Big Ten split into East/West divisions (2014):— Dustin Schutte (@SchutteCFB) August 22, 2019
vs. Purdue: 5-0
vs. Illinois: 4-1
vs. Iowa: 3-2
vs. Wisconsin: 3-2
vs. Nebraska: 3-2
vs. Minnesota: 3-2#B1GCats
- Iowa has a cool, new tunnel to enter the field through.
- Five big questions for Penn State this year.
- The Life and Death of Bobby Russ. A wonderfully written and sad story about the former Northwestern DT who was shot and killed by a Chicago Police officer during a traffic stop.
- SMH, Michigan’s QB can’t even be a team captain? THIS is the guy that is going to beat Ohio State?
- Urban Meyer will be on your TVs this fall as an analyst for BTN.
- Good guide to cord cutting for the college football fan.
- An awesome B1G strength of schedule breakdown from The Only Colors.
- Schedule preview for the Illinois volleyball team. The Illini made the Final Four last year and will be looking to do so again in a loaded B1G.
- Five big questions for Rutgers football.