Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Let’s start with some Badgers in the NFL news:
At this point, #Chargers RB Melvin Gordon’s holdout is expected to continue into the season, sources say. Contract talks have not progressed as he hoped, and he’ll continue to train in Florida for the foreseeable future.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 21, 2019
Joe Thomas really is out there living his best life. Good for him!
- Jonathan Taylor and Reggie Bush were talking shop at The Terrace on Wednesday. That’s a lot of combined rushing yards in one picture.
Caught up with Johnathan Taylor the Best Running Back in College Football and soon to be #Heisman finalist yesterday, you can catch all the content on our new show on @fs1 @cfbonfox— Reggie Bush (@ReggieBush) August 22, 2019
Outfit by: @ralphlauren
Shoes: Buscemi pic.twitter.com/w1FLULOCyS
- Has Paul Chryst lost control of the Wisconsin Badgers?
- It’s nice to see Quintez Cephus back at practice.
Quintez Cephus returns to practice: pic.twitter.com/oLRTsSehjF— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) August 21, 2019
- Two best players in the conference? Yeah, that makes sense.
- Now what penis shaped sculpture will you tell your friends to meet you at when the game is over!?!
It's coming down quickly! WATCH LIVE AS Nails' Tales sculpture leaves Camp Randall Stadium https://t.co/15DBi6J60C— News 3 Now / Channel 3000 (@WISCTV_News3) August 21, 2019
- If you get the ACC Network you’ll be able to watch the women’s soccer team on Sunday.
- Sam Dekker lives in Russia now. He didn’t have a charming video about moving overseas like Nigel Hayes, but few do to be fair.
- Brianna Decker is helping to grow girl’s hockey in Wisconsin which is awesome for the girl’s who play hockey in the state as well as for the University’s team, which will reap the benefits of having better players closer to Madison.
Can’t wait to be back in Wisconsin!!! Hope to see many there:) https://t.co/cs5MDWbaBi— Brianna Decker (@Bdecker14) August 21, 2019
- Big match gets a time change. Mark your calendars.
- The Badgers would, I presume, like to keep both of these kids home for college.
- I’ve always said this: If you’re going to play Montee Ball in FIFA, don’t use Cristiano Ronaldo. Everyone knows this.
I’m sorry but if I play you in fifa.. and you pick either juventis or Portugal... you’re automatic . Automatic. This guy just beat me.. Ronaldo had the most ridiculous goals I’ve ever witnessed on fifa. You’re straight hot.. if you can only play with Ronaldo.— Montee Ball (@MonteeBall28) August 21, 2019
- Speaking of soccer! The men’s soccer team had a scrimmage with local USL League 1 side Forward Madison.
- The XFL, which is a thing again, released their logos and team names on Wednesday. One of the teams is called the Wildcats! I can tell how old you are if you know who the dragon on the right is without having to look it up. Long live Strong Bad!
- Crazy how this keeps happening primarily with one team and one team only! Jim Harbaugh is a putz.
- Watching Iowa football all season is as big of a gamble as any of these Hawkeye prop bets. Nailed it.
- Penn State loses a safety who is transferring to Pitt. I’m sure that won’t come up again.
- Sevion Morrison, a 3-star RB from Oklahoma, committed to Nebraska. Wisconsin just offered him a scholarship and Morrison plans on taking an official visit to Madison. The article also notes that Oklahoma is starting to sniff around, so this may not be a done deal just yet.
- Who the heck is going to play running back at Michigan this year?
- Can Northwestern’s offense take the next step? B5Q’s Official NU Corespondent Bob Wiedenhoeft says “yes!”
- Ohio State’s 2021 recruiting class for basketball is already pretty good. Who else are they going after?
- Maryland rotational LB Durell Nchami suffered a torn ACL and is out for the season. That’s the second player to have that happen to them for the Terps this fall camp.