Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Hey! Do you want to write about Wisconsin hockey or basketball? You should check out this post and apply! Regardless of if you want to write about Badgers sports here on this website, you should sign up for the SB Nation FanPulse Top-25 poll and make sure Nebraska gets voted out after Week 1.
- Alright, housekeeping stuff is out of the way. Let’s talk about sporps! Jonathan Taylor and Tyler Biadasz were named preseason AP All-Americans. Like, duh.
- Zander Neuville and Quintez Cephus each got their numbers back on the official roster.
Neuville and Cephus are officially back on the UW roster, with their old numbers as well. pic.twitter.com/q84WGxOzqz— Matt Belz (@savedbythebelz) August 20, 2019
Hopefully they bought Clay Cundiff and Hayden Rucci cheese curds at The Old Fashioned or something since the two freshmen now have different numbers. Bob also took a look at what Cephus returning could do for the Wisconsin offense this year.
- International Man of Mystery Nigel Hayes might be my favorite version of Nigel Hayes.
He’s out here making up fake conversations with coaches about dolphins and Rick and Morty. Once he learns Lithuanian, he’ll be unstoppable!
- A nice, little highlight video of 2021 commit Chris Hodges.
- Wisconsin soccer star Victoria Pickett is recovering from a knee injury, according to what I could find out on her Instagram, and this tweet leads me to believe she’ll be out for a little while longer. Get well soon, Victoria!
maybe not this year, but I promise you there’s gonna be a big come back https://t.co/vTLV38XWob— Victoria Pickett (@hellopickett) August 18, 2019
- Some B1G West QB news! Brandon Peters used to play at Michigan. Now he plays at Illinois. Let’s see if he can tell the difference.
- Some B1G West OT news! Looks like it’ll be tough to get after Ricky Stanzi, or whoever is playing QB for Iowa these days.
No B1G offensive tackle allowed a lower rate of pressure than Alaric Jackson. He is joined by teammate Tristan Wirfs, who is T4. pic.twitter.com/cHcUhhIdep— PFF College (@PFF_College) August 20, 2019
- Some B1G West weed news! None of the four (4!) players on Nebraska’s football team who were cited for pot related violations this offseason will be punished by the police. Never change, big time college football in towns without pro sports, never change.
- This article on The Athletic ($) by Iowa writer Scott Dochterman about the offensive lines at Iowa and Wisconsin is pretty awesome.
- A redshirt freshman LB from Iowa is transferring to Troy. Not a huge loss for the Hawkeyes as he wasn’t even listed on the most recent depth chart.
- Nebraska fans, like, really want to beat Wisconsin. They also may have a Kool-Aid problem.
- Five questions for an Ohio state football team.
- Is Maryland basketball the next Nebraska football? Both teams have high expectations and both teams used to be good a long time ago sooooooo yes?
- Rutgers legend Carli Lloyd hit a 55-yard field goal at Eagles practice on Tuesday. She’s already better than 1⁄3 of the kickers in the NFL.
- Five questions for Minnesota’s football team.
- Minnesota volleyball season preview. The Gophers are always one of the best teams in the nation and this year appears to be no different.