Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Apparently this game that the Badgers have been playing for years is taking over social media.
I’ve heard that Olive Sagapolu brought it to the team and I demand that the rest of the internet cite Wisconsin when their videos of them playing this go viral.
- Some Badgers in the NFL notes:
Rookie Ryan Connelly from Wisconsin starting at inside linebacker for the Giants.— Paul Schwartz (@NYPost_Schwartz) August 16, 2019
#Bucs RB Dare Ogunbowale is getting a decent amount of work with the first team offense. He’s had back-to-back strong performances in the preseason games. First time we’ve seen him run with the starters this much.— Trevor Sikkema (@TampaBayTre) August 18, 2019
#Dolphins rookie left guard Michael Deiter was team’s highest-graded player against Tampa Bay with an elite overall grade of 91.0— PFF MIA Dolphins (@PFF_Dolphins) August 17, 2019
Deiter allowed just 1 pressure in 30 pass-blocking snaps and earned a run-blocking grade of 89.9 #MIAvsTB #FinsUp pic.twitter.com/KjghsOKBoB
Corey Clement getting some work as first team RB in red zone 11 on 11. #Eagles— Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton) August 18, 2019
It’s always fun to see guys that you supported for years start to realize their dreams of playing on the biggest stage.
- Wisconsin is a top-10 team over the last decade.
FBS records last 10 years— Phil Steele (@philsteele042) August 18, 2019
1 Alabama 127-13
2 Ohio State 115-19
3 Boise St 109-24
4 Clemson 112-27
5 Oklahoma 105-28
6 Stanford 102-32
7 Wisconsin 102-33
8 LSU 97-32
9 Oregon 99-33
10 Florida St 97-36
11 TCU, Okla St 94-36
13 Georgia 96-39
14 App St 89-38
15 Michigan St 91-41
Also, peep who is ranked 14th!
- Always good to remember this imo. VOTE FOR ROSE, YOU COWARDS!
Some days I live my life like normal and some days I just sit and think about how Rose Lavelle scored from distance in the 69th minute of the 2019 World Cup final— Claire Watkins (@ScoutRipley) August 17, 2019
#FIFAWWC winner— FIFA Women's World Cup (@FIFAWWC) August 17, 2019
#FIFAWWC @adidas Bronze Ball winner
Scored in #FIFAWWC Final to seal title
Does @roselavelle have your vote to be #TheBest?
Last chance to vote is 23:59 CEST on Mon 19 August ⌛️@USWNT | @WashSpirit
ICYMI: The PFF Preseason All-American team was released along with both the Power-5 and Group of 5 Conference All-American Teams! You can see them all below!https://t.co/Xw7Z1OmVza pic.twitter.com/EZVTnbX14P— PFF College (@PFF_College) August 19, 2019
You may take a quick look at that and go, “oh, it’s nice the Badgers got three guys on the all-conference team.” HOWEVAH, that’s is the actual All-American team that features three (3!!!) Badgers on the first-team offense. Jonathan Taylor, Tyler Biadasz and Cole Van Lanen are poised for a pretty big season if you ask me.
Once you get to the B1G team, Jake Ferguson joins the party. The only defensive representative is Eric Burrell, who made the second-team at safety.
- LOL at how many of these runs Jonathan Taylor had last year.
Jonathan Taylor produced a mind-bending 61 runs of 10-plus yards last season...easily best in the B1G. pic.twitter.com/uWVGda3cCm— PFF College (@PFF_College) August 15, 2019
- It’s pretty cool that the volleyball team gives back to the local community with events like this.
Volleyball 101: Class of 2019 ♥️ pic.twitter.com/BREWjrhx5B— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) August 17, 2019
- The next class of national champions is officially headed to Madison.
- A 3-star DE from Indianapolis committed to Iowa over the weekend.
- I will always link to an article that features Dicaprio Bootle. What a name!
- All of these columns are wrong. Bucky Badger is the best mascot in college. Full stop.
- Projected starting RB for Purdue, Tario Fuller, suffered a “significant” injury according to head coach Jeff Brohm.
- Michigan football narratives are good, actually, and should continue forever.
- Illinois has a new football facility and it looks...really nice! Well done, Illini.
- MSU QB primer. Yes, Brian Lewerke is still there and yes, I still think he’s terrible.