Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The first ever SB Nation FanPulse Top-25 for college football was released on Wednesday. Check it out! The Badgers are ranked No. 17, the best team in the B1G West mind you, and Clemson is ranked No. 1. You can still sign up and then have your vote counted for the next poll. The more the merrier!
- Commenter wissoxfan83 brought up a good point in a FanPost from the other day: today (Thursday) is Wisconsin Day on Big Ten Network.
Starting at 11:30 a.m. CT with the 1999 Rose Bowl against UCLA until the second showing of the day of Big Ten Elite: 1993 Wisconsin Football at 11 p.m. CT it is all Badgers all the time on BTN. I believe they will also be reporting from practice in Madison tomorrow, so hopefully we see Matt Belz on TV.
- Well, this seals it. I would die for Melvin Gordon.
@GopherFootball wanted to take time out my day to let you know we coming for that axe... hope you been working. Goodbye— F L ⚡️ S H (@Melvingordon25) August 14, 2019
I’m ready to drive down to TCF Bank Stadium right now and start tackling random Minnesota students.
- Ol’ Buffalo Head looking ass.
Fun tidbits from today's Josh Seltzner interview:— Amy Gill (@amygillsports) August 14, 2019
* his mom used to pay him when he played DL for sacks (in youth football, $20 a sack until he got too good)
* his nickname "buffalo head" comes from Barry Alvarez (he can't wear hats, not even snapbacks)
See more tonight on @wkow pic.twitter.com/slqcUOK1uo
- With all of the injuries sustained by the tight ends so far this fall practice, a few unlikely names have been popping up to offer their help.
I have the weight for it. But still lacking a few inches in terms of height ...— Anthony K Davis (@AD908_Strong) August 14, 2019
- Everybody is getting new uniforms!
- Fond du Lac, Wisconsin native and Penn State defensive end Robert Windsor lost a bunch of weight this offseason by forgetting his roots and giving up beer. SMDH Robert.
- Ohio State is naming THE starting quarterback on Monday. Haven’t trademarked it yet, have you fart-wads?
- I voted that Michigan would win 0-6 games this year. The staff at Maize N’ Brew thinks otherwise.
- Not a whole lot of news out of the Big Ten on Wednesday. Let’s look at some weird stuff from twitter dot com!
When your legendary 90-year relationship that has weathered depressions, world wars, and the worst of two centuries is suddenly put in jeopardy by the dashing olde football gentleman pic.twitter.com/EqxoaYRsed— Rush Roberts (@DrNorrisCamacho) August 14, 2019
Lee Corso getting frisky before the first GameDay of the year!
Yes I absolutely had to make this edit don't question my motives pic.twitter.com/YeQQUC5gAv— ProblematiK ♦️ (@Stay_Sarkastic) August 13, 2019
I PULL UP IN THE CLUB VIP; GAS TANK ON E; BUT ALL DRINKS ON ME! WIPE ME DOWN!
can you imagine the sheer euphoria in the room the first time someone suggested they call it "2 Fast 2 Furious" instead of "The Fast and the Furious 2." i would have fainted— Rodger Sherman (@rodger) August 13, 2019