Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- NFL preseason games started last week and all over the league there are Badgers trying to make a team or just trying to get through meaningless games uninjured. Let’s check in on some them!
I ain’t lie bro I woulda tried you with yo stance looking like that— James White (@SweetFeet_White) August 9, 2019
James White thinks he can knock over Melvin Gordon and judging by that picture from high school...he’s probably right.
Dare Ogunbowale had two touchdowns for the Bucs in their game against the Steelers. Really helping his chances of making the team as a backup tailback.
These guys don’t have anything to prove during the preseason.
#Giants Alec Ogletree (calf) not practicing. Ryan Connelly takes his spot with starters. Ballentine, Tae Davis, Ximines (rotating with Golden) also getting looks. One of four things on my mind this week https://t.co/GRnhGmBV6k— Ryan Dunleavy (@rydunleavy) August 11, 2019
All Ryan Connelly does is tackle ball carriers so it’s a smart move for the Giants to get him on the field as often as possible.
Sign a Shelton, cut a Shelton. It’s a real Shelton eat Shelton world out there, folks.
- Badgers volleyball practice is underway and Wisconsin will again be looking to make a deep run in the NCAA Tournament.
Loving the new gear— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) August 9, 2019
What is that???
Seems there is a uniform this year pic.twitter.com/jePRT3WtjL
We are still working out the details, but we at B5Q are hoping to bring you much more coverage of the volleyball team this year.
- Don’t let Cole Caufield watch your baby. He just might sign it and turn it into a first round NHL draft pick.
If you wanted video of Cole Caufield signing a baby's onesie — while the baby is wearing it — well, here you go from a visit to a hockey camp in Stevens Point, courtesy @DaleRyman_WSAW:https://t.co/HCIKegILLy— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) August 9, 2019
- Noted Chicago sports fan, Frank Kaminsky, wanted to make sure Aaron Rodgers got a message.
At the Kaminsky-Dekker @ProStartSports basketball camp, the kids asked @FSKPart3 about his favorite NFL team. He's a Bears fan. This did not sit well with the young Packers fans in the audience. So he shared a message for @AaronRodgers12, that he wanted passed along. pic.twitter.com/9cqrVf1YUP— Amy Gill (@amygillsports) August 9, 2019
- When you are the defending national champions you really can’t wait for the next season to start.
- Season predictions from the Corn Nation staff. These should be good.
- 4-star RB out of Florida chooses Penn State over a whole host of other really good schools.\
- Only one writer at Inside NU is excited to play Wisconsin. Personally, I hate playing Northwestern in any sport and I wish their athletic department would fall into Lake Michigan.
- Some mighty bold predictions for Michigan this year.
- Rutgers WR Monterio Hunt is out for the season with a torn ACL. Get well soon, Monterio.
- IU hoops got a verbal commitment from a 4-star in-state product.
- Michigan State adds a 3-star S/LB prospect from South Carolina to their 2020 class.
- Lastly, here is a roundup of a few ridiculous tweets from around the B1G: