Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The Badgers held their local media day on Wednesday and our very own Matt Belz was in attendance. Here is his first report, featuring coaches Paul Chryst and Bobby April and tight end Jake Ferguson. He’ll have more today from a number of other players.
- Afterwards, it was Family Fun Day at Camp Randall!
- Today is the first practice of fall camp for the 2019 Badgers. We won’t have anyone in attendance today, but we will be activating the chip we secretly embedded in Jake’s arm before he left so that we get any important news he finds out.
- I wonder if they’ll do a retake of the team picture?
- Former Badgers great, Alando Tucker, is going to be an interim assistant coach for the basketball team in 2019-20.
- Your daily Badgers in the NFL roundup:
Joe Schobert is working to change the perception of the #Browns LB room. The scheme in 2019 has a chance to help.— Jake Burns (@jake_burns18) July 31, 2019
Found a stat that Schobert has led all inside LBs across the NFL the last 2 years. A vital area that could help him return to the Pro Bowl.https://t.co/7fi3x62xw5
Michael Deiter just drove Eguavoen to Jupiter on a down block.— Travis Wingfield (@WingfieldNFL) July 31, 2019
Van Ginkel 'sack' on Rosen. Couldn't see who Van Ginkel beat. The kid is making a name for himself— Chris Perkins (@chrisperk) July 31, 2019
- Pretty big home opener for the women’s soccer team at the end of the month.
Mark your calendars for Sunday August 25th at 1pm CT!— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerWSoccer) July 31, 2019
Watch us as we kick things off in the first of “7 must watch games in 2019” against defending National Champs, Florida State
On, Wisconsin! #MakeEmBelieve https://t.co/xkxvfniqpa
- Wrestling season tickets on sale next week.
Let’s go! Season tickets go on sale Aug 7th. The goal is to double our season tickets from last year. Home Schedule includes Penn St, OH St, Neb, Mich, Mich St, Kent St and Northern Iowa. #JumpAround @BadgerWrestling @Jon_Reader pic.twitter.com/pUMdWcYcQC— Chris Bono (@ChrisBono) July 31, 2019
- You know you’re getting old when you remember, vividly, Joe Thomas playing d-end in the Music City Bowl.
hood stuff. I actually played strictly DE in this game https://t.co/hGVJTRHX23— Joe Thomas (@joethomas73) August 1, 2019
- Will the B1G have a team in the CFP this year?
- Hammer & Rails previews Wisconsin.
- Ohio State now has the best recruit in the 2021 class after the new 247 Composite rankings came out.
- Rutgers also had their media day on Wednesday. Head coach Chris Ash had things to say.
- Illinois received a verbal commitment from a wonderfully named unranked OT out of Florida.
- That...is a large man.