Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- This may come as a surprise to you, but the good women’s hockey team has good players.
Of 107 players listed, 15 are either current or former Badgers players or have committed to play for UW in the future. https://t.co/hXXz6T9R46— Wisconsin State Journal (@WiStateJournal) July 30, 2019
- Greg Gard and Paul Chryst are two of the least quotable coaches in the country lol.
We continue previewing the teams playing in the Championship Rounds of the #LegendsClassic presented by @old_trapper Nov. 25-26. @BadgerMBB takes on @SpiderMBB while @AuburnMBB meets @UNMLoboMBB in the semis at @barclayscenter on Nov 25— Legends Classic (@LegendsBBall) July 30, 2019
Tix: https://t.co/s3zBoVwsfP#OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/AlANzorzNk
- With all of the players on the men’s hockey team doing well for the national team, I’m going to be extremely disappointed if they don’t make the NCAA Tournament this year.
K'Andre Miller is going to be an NHL star some day. He is just so incredibly good.— Julie Robenhymer (@JulieRobenhymer) July 29, 2019
He's smart, decisive, physically strong, has good instincts, is an explosive skater and I am expecting big things from him at @BadgerMHockey this year. @NYRangers #TeamUSA #WJSS #WJC2020
Freshman forward Dylan Holloway listed among the top-10 prospects for the 2020 NHL Draft in this projection. https://t.co/egyHlqD8zq— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) July 30, 2019
- Your daily NFL training camp roundup for former Badgers.
Rookie LB Ryan Connelly (@BadgerFootball) has quietly had a very good camp; on BOTH ends of defense— Emory Hunt (@FBallGameplan) July 30, 2019
On Sunday, Pat Flaherty said Michael Deiter is "a long ways away." On Monday, Flaherty was fired. On Tuesday, Deiter is in the starting lineup.— Adam Beasley (@AdamHBeasley) July 30, 2019
Ha! Yes. Pass sets in the kitchen. Pass sets in the grocery store. Pass sets in the airport. I could go on. https://t.co/qDXM2pz77m— Sara Zeitler (@Mrs_S_Zeitler) July 30, 2019
- Barry Alvarez should probably hire Joe Thomas as official Wisconsin Football Brand Ambassador because, man...he gets it.
If you’re an OL recruit and you don’t want to come to WI strictly for the beer and cheese curds, you can also come because they develop some decent NFL lineman https://t.co/z0o9VUppt1— Joe Thomas (@joethomas73) July 30, 2019
- Throwing to the wrong catcher during a ceremonial first pitch? Couldn’t be Rose Lavelle.
The reaction from Mal and Rose last night when Mal threw the first pitch at the Nats game to the wrong catcher is priceless. pic.twitter.com/9FSdWbOi2X— Captain Positivity (@streffsoccer) July 30, 2019
- The Daily Stampede previewed Wisconsin on Tuesday and also invaded B5Q’s mentions with love after we said that UCF sucks.
We have Culver’s here in case you get homesick xo #cheesecurds— lauren pickel (@laurpicks) July 31, 2019
Anyone who is going down to Tampa for this game should have a great time if their fans in real life are as nice as their fans online. I, for one, now have a favorite AAC team.
- Inside NU has offended me deeply by comparing our beloved Wisconsin Badgers to Tim Ryan, who I had to double check was actually running for President, in their piece on each team they play as a Democratic Presidential candidate.
- A highly rated Florida WR commits to Maryland.
- Rutgers has a new locker room! Hopefully the family that donated a bunch of money to make this a reality isn’t looking for a high ROI.
- 4-star Michigan safety stays in Michigan. The Wolverines now have four 4-star commits in the defensive backfield for their 2020 class.
- The Champaign Room breaks down Jonathan Taylor’s game.
- Minnesota nabs a 3-star ATH (probably going to play CB) from Ohio.
- A little Rivalry Fuel to get your blood flowing on this Wednesday morning.
I got the coolest coach in the game! He really got a donut chain because of my last name “Glaze”— Jalen Glaze (@Jalen_Glaze21) July 30, 2019
RTB ALWAYS!!!〽️〽️ pic.twitter.com/67uBLdGb7w
God, P.J. Fleck is such a tryhard goober.