Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- In case you missed it...we got ‘Bama.
Coming to a stadium near you #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/FleYGYMPn7— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 29, 2019
And the best part is we got ‘Bama at Camp Randall! Then on the return trip the Badgers and Crimson Tide are playing in Bryant-Denny Stadium!! This is an extremely cool and good development and I have already started planning my trip to Tuscaloosa. If you are selling an RV for cheap, hit me up!
- There was a bunch of Badgers related news out of NFL training camps yesterday, which is rounded up here for you.
Raiders rookie FB Alec Ingold produces loud collision as blocker on consecutive plays. Only thing louder, maybe, was RB coach Kirby Brown’s celebration. Ingold working with starters as FB Keith Smith recovers from meniscus surgery.— Michael Gehlken (@GehlkenNFL) July 29, 2019
#Bucs LB Jack Cichy in coverage vs. RB Bruce Anderson.— Trevor Sikkema (@TampaBayTre) July 29, 2019
This is Cichy’s first practice back since tearing his ACL vs. Cleveland last October.
Cichy all over Anderson here to win the rep. pic.twitter.com/wyMATJ0gxE
#Bucs S D'Cota Dixon cracks RoJo on the run to the outside. pic.twitter.com/WwUlZbQnRX— PewterReport (@PewterReport) July 29, 2019
6. #Rams like what they’ve seen from 5th round pick David Edwards from Wisconsin. They feel like he could very capably give them good backup depth along the offensive line if he continues the path he’s on. He might be a future starter with a year or two of position-specific work.— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) July 29, 2019
“win all the games” pic.twitter.com/TuQbXJIwi4— Los Angeles Chargers (@Chargers) July 29, 2019
Personally, I think that “win all the games” is the best coaching strategy I’ve ever heard and this young lady should be promoted to head coach of the Chargers.
- Let’s go back to how amazing it is that the Badgers and Alabama are playing a series in football. The improvements made to the Wisconsin non-conference scheduling over the next decade have been nothing short of excellent.
#Badgers future P5 non-conference games updated:— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) July 29, 2019
2020: Notre Dame (Green Bay)
2021: Notre Dame (Chicago)
2022: Washington St
2023: @ Washington St
2025: @ Alabama
2027: @ Pittsburgh
2029: @ UCLA
2031: @ Va Tech
2032: Va Tech
Even though the Notre Dame series isn’t on campus, that’s still a marquee game against a blue blood opponent. Going to Pullman to play Mike Leach and drink a bunch of Fireball sounds like too much fun. We’ve been over Alabama. Pitt? Ehhhhhhh, from a football standpoint, but the city of Pittsburgh is cooler than you think! Any chance to go visit Los Angeles and the beach is a good one, even though I could never live there, and seeing Enter Sandman live in Blacksburg is on my College Football Bucket List.
- We will be giving periodic updates on the trial of former Badgers WR Quintez Cephus, whose trial starts Tuesday (aka today) in Madison.
His trial on sexual assault charges will begin Tuesday after an all-white jury was selected Monday. https://t.co/LBYocz3LoL— JSOnline - Badgers (@js_badgers) July 29, 2019
- We all wish Howard Moore a healthy recovery and hope to see him back on the sidelines coaching ASAP.
July 29, 2019
- The Red/White Scrimmage for the volleyball team was announced over the weekend.
Guys, it’s okay. Volleyball season is ALMOST here— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) July 27, 2019
August 24th will be the first time you can see us back in the Field House! See you #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/IkPWPugSRu
- Rose Lavelle is a lefty?!?! The Brewers should maybe bring her in for some bullpen innings.
For the second time this week, we’re in absolute *awe.*— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) July 29, 2019
Thanks for sharing @roselavelle and @MalPugh with us, @USWNT!#OneNationOneTeam // #OnePursuit pic.twitter.com/ATR2fgjpAf
- Look...I love gassing up my favorite team too but when a conference opponent literally was named best running back in the country last year I don’t think Penn State has “an argument to be made that Penn State has had the best running back in the Big Ten for the last three years.” That being said, I think current Nittany Lions RB Ricky Slade is a good player with an even better name.
- Nebraska offensive line preview. That’s it. That’s the link.
- Inside NU previews Wisconsin.
- The Champaign Room previews Wisconsin.
- Rutgers adds a 2020 ATH (probably will play CB for the Scarlet Knights) to their recruiting class.
- The Minnesota QB situation is somewhat muddied as they have two returning players that took snaps but is it better than last year?