Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Here is your daily Jonathan Taylor Is Really Good At Football update.
- If you weren’t able to watch the USWNT outlast England Tuesday afternoon you missed a really good game. You also missed American hero and Badgers legend Rose Lavelle absolutely disrespect the entire United Kingdom with one move.
USA's Rose Lavelle is feeling saucy today pic.twitter.com/VinNRrC029— FOX Sports (@FOXSports) July 2, 2019
Lavelle was eventually subbed out of the game after tweaking her hamstring but not before she put in an outstanding shift. She was all over the field causing havoc and was a key reason the Americans are moving on to Sunday’s final. After the game she said she’d be fine for the final, but we’ll keep everyone posted with her status throughout the week.
I don't care that she didn't put it in net, Rose Lavelle just took that woman's soul— Brian Floyd (@BrianMFloyd) July 2, 2019
Rose Lavelle is ON one today, she’s feeling itttttt— A West (@ayyy_west) July 2, 2019
Rose Lavelle was terrific tonight—and honest afterward. "I played pretty atrocious last game [vs France]. But I just had to kind of put it in the box." Said she was glad Ellis continued to have faith in her. Amazing dummy on the first goal (and nutmeg in the 1st half).— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) July 2, 2019
Rose Lavelle cross me the fuck over then run me down with a dump truck— Tyler R. Tynes (@TylerRickyTynes) July 2, 2019
Lavelle is the best.
- I’m assuming no one was awake for this game, but this is a great profile of UW volleyball star Dana Rettke.
- Former Badger Ben Street signed on with the New Jersey Devils.
- Penn State got a commitment from 3-star WR Parker Washington who took an official visit to Madison a few weeks ago. He was never on the top of the Badgers’ board, but still a bummer to see him go to a conference rival.
- Nebraska sneaked a 3-star DE commit out of Iowa.
- Hammer and Rails notes that the Golden State Warriors are retiring Brian Cardinal’s No. 35.
- Ohio State nabs another freaking 4-star recruit. This time it’s a TE, which is actually good for Wisconsin because it would seem to mean that Cam Large would pick UW over aOsu since the Buckeyes are reportedly only taking one TE this cycle.