Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The men’s hockey team has started practicing and is also full of promising, young players like the ones in this video!
Dylan Holloway, @Turcotte__71, @colecaufield and the rest of the #Badgers freshmen are settling in to school, the team and Madison this summer. pic.twitter.com/DFewwhvtlU— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) July 25, 2019
- Did you know that the Montreal Canadiens send out each of their tweets twice? Once in English and once in French. Canada, what a crazy place!
.@colecaufield: "It would mean everything, representing your country on the biggest stage as an 18-year-old. If there's any chance I can make the team, that's where I want to be."— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) July 25, 2019
READ ➡️ https://t.co/oF0aZZRn6J #GoHabsGo @usahockey @BadgerMHockey
- A nice video on how the volleyball team’s European trip will help prepare them for their grueling B1G season ahead.
"This trip, I think, will set us apart in the end..."— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) July 26, 2019
Nothing beats practicing and bonding with your best friends in a foreign country pic.twitter.com/x65hoDpDUv
- The men’s basketball team having the best home record in the conference since 2002 is a stat that, honestly, surprised me.
Best record in Big Ten home games since 2002?— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) July 25, 2019
When you say Wisconsin, you've said it all!
Another B1G season is in store at the Kohl Center. Join the team! Request season tickets and secure your seat today for all of the action
https://t.co/rGehFR5jLb #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/bEvwIASlmM
I believe I’ve mentioned this before, but I never found the Kohl Center to be a particularly intimidating or difficult place to play. I went to a Badger game at Michigan State and buddy, let me tell you...Breslin is LOUD and the students are involved the entire game and their seats are in a way better place than the Badgers student section.
Anyways, good for Wisconsin!
- J.J. Watt owning Darren Rovell online is pretty sweet.
That’s literally what I get paid to do Darren. https://t.co/FKcSqoRtfz— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) July 25, 2019
- I hate that he plays for the Patriots, but it is awesome that James White has carved out basically the perfect role for himself in New England. I hope he eventually signs with a team that isn’t evil incarnate so I can cheer for him properly.
in action.@SweetFeet_White | #PatsCamp pic.twitter.com/dQjOSsKt75— New England Patriots (@Patriots) July 25, 2019
- It would be great if the Watt brothers could just stop picking up injuries and play full seasons at 100%.
Steelers place T.J. Watt (hamstring) on the Physically Unable to Perform list after he complained of soreness after the conditioning test. Coach Mike Tomlin said he could be lifted off PUP soon. Team being cautious.— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) July 25, 2019
- And, lastly in NFL news, if you couldn’t remember where some Badgers ended up this offseason, Dave Heller has you covered.
As NFL training camps open up, a reminder of where some former #Badgers are (some with new teams):— Dave Heller (@dave_heller) July 25, 2019
Lions - Beau Benzschawel, Garret Dooley, Austin Traylor
Bucs - D'Cota Dixon, Dare Ogunbowale
Raiders - Alec Ingold
Eagles - TJ Edwards
Saints - Ryan Groy
Patriots - Lance Kendricks
- A couple more Badgers were named to watch lists on Thursday.
On the field, in the classroom, and in the community, @Chris_Guwap reps Wisconsin with pride— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 25, 2019
Congrats to Chris on being named to the @WuerffelTrophy watch list!#OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/MqJwXRK3Y8
That's our head coach— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 25, 2019
Coach Chryst has been named to the @DoddTrophy preseason watch list!#OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/RGJcQ1NfvG
- Take a listen to the wrestling team’s head coach, Chris Bono, as he prepares for his second season in charge in Madison.
Coach @ChrisBono brings the heat in this podcast. We go way back to Bono's freshman year at Iowa State (@CycloneWR), building SDSU to a perennial top 15, and the leadership philosophy that he's bringing to the Badgers.— Ryan Warner (@Ryan_N_Warner) July 22, 2019
Really solid interview. Enjoy!https://t.co/SR0NllUYFP pic.twitter.com/Qy0XaTnbC2
- More wrasslin’! Penn State is usually good at wrestling.
- Can Nebraska win the Kentucky Derby, America’s Cup and The Rugby Championship (formerly known as the Tri Nations)?
- I’m really liking Illinois new quarterback. This guy is dropping dimes!
proud to announce ill be playing quarterback and not defensive end for the #ILLINI (haters will say its fake) pic.twitter.com/BFxTskebqp— Keith Randolph (@Randolph_22) July 25, 2019
- Northwestern hoops lost its only commit for the 2020 cycle. FIRE GREG GARD!
July 25, 2019
- Michigan is gonna try out the ol’ Dual QB System this season. Unless one of them is Bart Houston, I don’t see this working out for them.
- Somehow On The Banks limited their areas Rutgers needed to improve to 10 for this post. Impressive editing!
- The Terps have a pair of linebacker transfers that are looking to make an immediate impact.
- This has nothing to do with #sports but it is a cool vantage point of the city we all love.
WARNING⚠️: this drone shot is insane #Madison #MadisonWI pic.twitter.com/IRaHkpB1JL— Sam Li (@TheSamLi) July 24, 2019