Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- As that is a Watt baby, I’m assuming it can squat more than I weigh (I am not small) already and will soon be offered a scholarship by James Franklin and PSU.
watt a cute picture pic.twitter.com/WVobrZ5Jx6— Los Angeles Chargers (@Chargers) July 24, 2019
- The Badgers added their fourth preferred walk-on of the 2020 cycle on Wednesday.
- If you need to get ready for a big presentation or something at work today, just watch Jonathan Taylor running over, through and around people for lots of yards. You’re going to kill it today, reader.
Truth: @BadgerFootbalL RB @JayT23's highlight tape, after just two seasons, is longer than most players' four-year tapes. pic.twitter.com/YM4IJ2mU0B— Wisconsin On BTN (@WisconsinOnBTN) July 24, 2019
- Who, uhhhhh, who is Tony Pauline?
Tony Pauline on Jonathan Taylor: “Lacks the speed and quickness to have any impact around the perimeter.” Bruce Feldman reported 4.3 speed at 220 lbs. Taylor ran 4.42 at 208 out of HS, and ran on the 4x100 meter relay team for UW track. He doesn’t lack speed by objective measures pic.twitter.com/CZp4g0GsoR— Justin (@afc2nfc) July 24, 2019
It appears he is “NFL Draft Analyst & Publisher of draftanalyst.com” according to his Twitter bio. Maybe we should send him that highlight video up there?
- Looks like the basketball lads got out on the lake today. Fishing is the best activity to prove that you are actually an insane person because you keep trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
Fishing, boating or just soaking up some summer sun ☀️— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) July 24, 2019
There’s nothing quite like lake life on campus in Madison, Wisconsin#WisconsinWednesday pic.twitter.com/kX0al5oSmM
- “Which Badger would consider, just consider they don’t actually have to be a cannibal, trying human flesh if it were prepared by a world class chef?” #AskTheBadgers
HEY, GUYS, WE NEED HELP— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) July 24, 2019
Got any burning questions for us?
Tweet us some of them using #AskTheBadgers, for a chance to be featured on the video board this season‼️ pic.twitter.com/t5WEW3fsgL
- Maize N Brew didn’t list one single offensive lineman in their players to watch piece on Wisconsin. For shame!
- Ohio State’s impressive 2020 recruiting class got a little bit more impressive on Wednesday with a 4-star LB commit from California.
- The Sporting News released their list of the top-40 players in college football for 2019 and there are a host of B1G players on there. Most notably, for our purposes, Tyler Biadasz slotted in at No. 21 and Jonathan Taylor was the highest rated B1G player at No. 5.