Good morning (or afternoon)! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Frank Kaminsky signed a two-year deal with the Phoenix Suns. Hopefully he can talk to Devin Booker about going undefeated in college basketball.
Free agent Frank Kaminsky has agreed to a two-year, $10M deal with the Suns, agent @KB_Sports tells ESPN.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 1, 2019
- Rose Lavelle is still in the starting XI for the USWNT in the semifinals against England.
OH WHEN THE YANKS...— U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) July 2, 2019
Lineups Notes: https://t.co/wg1Ha9BIcU#OneNationOneTeam pic.twitter.com/zzVufCgvCX
- The athletic department is pushing Jonathan Taylor for Heisman early and often and I, for one, love it and him.
First, he broke Adrian Peterson’s freshman rushing record with 1,977 yards— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 1, 2019
Sophomore slump? Nah. He rushed for 2,194 more
Realize how crazy that is?!
What’s next? Stay tuned...
Jonathan Taylor is
Bringing Running Back#JT23 pic.twitter.com/LZ2MoZ8Z66
- One of my favorite Badgers of all time is going to get a chance with the LA Clippers in Summer League this year. Tbqh, he’d be a perfect complement to Kawhi Leonard. WHY WON’T YOU TELL US WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY, KAWHI!?!?!?
.@NIGEL_HAYES will play for the @LAClippers in the NBA Summer League, July 5-15 in Las Vegas#OnWisconsin // #ProBadgers pic.twitter.com/HjknSvfLYt— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) July 2, 2019
- The gang over at BHGP has started their position previews for the football team. Keep your enemies closer as they say.
- Inside NU is doing the same.
- Purdue nabs a commitment from a 3-star...defensive player. They aren’t quite sure where he’ll end up.
- Michigan has a new 4-star wide receiver commit from Hawaii.
- Rutgers plays a lot of sports. Here’s how they did!
- Maryland has now been in the Big Ten for five years. Seems like just yesterday we were shouting about how silly that is. Oh...it was yesterday? Nevertheless, it has been a long time.
Five years ago today, the Terrapin Family joined the B1G Family...— Maryland Terrapins (@umterps) July 1, 2019
What an amazing ride it has been, looking forward to making more memories in the @bigten!#FearTheTurtle pic.twitter.com/3QHtBKvjfM
- MSU’s offense has to be better than last year...right?
- Five reasons to get excited about Minnesota football. No thanks. I’ll pass.