Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- I wonder what everyone would be saying if Minnesota had beaten Wisconsin two years ago and lost last year? “We were going to go win the game because that game, in my opinion, set the entire tone for the next two or three decades of Gopher football,” Fleck said. LOfreakingL.
- Alright, I just had to get that article out of the way first because it had been weighing heavy on my soul. Yesterday was the first day of B1G Media Days! Our own Tyler Hunt was there, and my sources tell me he ran into Jake, and he has a recap of the first day right here. He is also probably leaving the blog to start his Hollywood acting career. Look at that emotion!
When PJ Fleck drops ‘Row the Boat’ for the third time pic.twitter.com/OnBl7tKK8v— Tyler L. Hunt (@TylerLHunt) July 18, 2019
Day two will be more exciting for us since the Badgers will be featured so stay tuned and see if Tyler is on BTN again and looks hungover!
- The UW Athletic Department is kicking their Jonathan Taylor Heisman campaign in to high gear.
Players to rush for 6,000 yards: 6— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 18, 2019
Players to do it in junior season: 0
Jonathan Taylor is Bringing Running Back into the spotlight
They also have a nice article on Chris Orr and how he is preparing for his senior season.
Suit up!@JayT23, @TylerBiadasz and @Chris_Guwap will be dressed to impress tomorrow at Big Ten Media Day in Chicago#B1GMediaDay | #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/ritKrGorB3— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 19, 2019
Look great, feel great gents.
- Here are some highlights from Big Ten Media Day day one courtesy of, well, the Big Ten Network.
Day 1 of #B1GMediaDay is done— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) July 18, 2019
Day 2 is Friday
All of our videos from today https://t.co/VrEouOdjHd pic.twitter.com/CUPOcSzFzF
- Please welcome Matt Belz, our newest writer, to the team! He’ll be helping out around these parts. Here he is talking about more award nominations for Jonathan Taylor.
- Preseason depth chart for Iowa.
- Here are some good tweets (an oxymoron, I know) from Thursday’s B1G Media Day.
- Penn State isn’t mad. This is funny to them actually.
- Inside NU has your PAT FITZGERALD BINGO CARD all lined up and ready to go. If he wasn’t scheduled to take the podium at 8:45 am on Friday this might be a fun drinking game. Maybe use a Bloody Mary?
- Hammer and Rails takes a look back at Purdue’s 2015 recruiting class (LB Markus Bailey was a part of this class) and notes that it was kind of a mixed bag.
- The Birthplace of College Football is getting the nation’s most venerated and watched pregame show back on campus for a game!
- I don’t understand what Ryan Day means when he says “we practice against them” but then again, I rarely know what football coaches are talking about.
- Another SBN blogger asked a question during P.J. Fleck’s remarks! WE TAKIN’ OVER!
Lovie Smith’s beard has been enhanced. Last year vs. this year. pic.twitter.com/haceXKJR6J— Bryan Fischer (@BryanDFischer) July 18, 2019