Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Frank the Tank is officially a member of the Phoenix Suns. Hopefully he gets a little bit more run than he did in Charlotte, but I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to shake the fact that Michael Jordan turned down three (!!!) first round picks for the pick that he took Kaminsky with.
- The Doak Walker Award watch list was announced and Jonathan Taylor, the 2018 winner of the award, was on it.
We've already got the most Doak Walker Award winners— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 17, 2019
Time to run it back, @JayT23...
Defending Doak Walker Award winner Jonathan Taylor has been named to the 2019 watch list#JT23 #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/V192PWebMG
Should he win it again? Let’s ask Melvin Gordon.
- If you live in Madison you should go check out a Forward Madison match. They look like boatloads of fun and the team has some of the best kits in soccer.
- Check out the defending national champion women’s hockey schedule roundup that Bob put together.
- Make your voice heard and join in SB Nation’s ambitious college football top-25 that is fan sourced! It’ll be fun!
- Here is the Cleveland.com B1G Preseason Poll that they’ve been doing for the last few years. The Badgers are picked third in the West behind Nebraska and Iowa. Jonathan Taylor is picked as offensive player of the year.
- Ohio State has a new coach and will still have a top-5 recruiting class. Sheesh.