Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Wisconsin snagged their punter of the future on Monday night in Neenah, Wis. senior Jack Van Dyke. Iowa was the other team in the running for his services so SUCK IT FERENTZ!
- Now maybe the Badgers will get rid of U2 as the band that plays during the pregame pump up video. Maybe we should have Tyler ask about this at B1G Media Day?
"Livest shoot we ever had"— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 15, 2019
We're coming different in 2019 #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/VuiPUHYiL8
- Jonathan Taylor is too good at football to also be this smart tbqh.
"I wanted a balance for my college experience"— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 16, 2019
Academics ✔️ Athletics ✔️
For Jonathan Taylor, opportunity to grow in the classroom was just as important to him as playing on the field
Part 3 of @JayT23's series with joethomas73#JT23 pic.twitter.com/pEVtWxQXdt
- Look for some more coverage of Kohl Blooded in the next couple of days as The Basketball Tournament gets ready to tip off.
Wisconsin's alumni team @KohlBloodedTBT tips off Friday in @thetournament.— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) July 15, 2019
So what are we thinkin about these jerseys?
or ? pic.twitter.com/neshAaqDXg
- Here is a cool piece on former Badgers hockey great Meghan Hunter and her post-Wisconsin career with the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Touted as “one of the most interesting amateur hockey teams in the world” the Badgers men’s hockey team is chock full of NHL talent this year.
- The Wisconsin State Journal caught up with Dana Rettke and Lauren Carlini after they returned home as gold medalists this summer.
- Iowa picked up a tight end commit who is 6’7”! The Badgers offered him, but are still holding out for Cam Large.
- Penn State filled it’s lone spot in the 2020 basketball recruiting class with a talented 3-star guard.
- At this rate, the Nebraska legislature is going to have to legalize weed if they want the university to field a football team.
- Methinks the 76ers may regret letting Carsen Edwards get away from them.
- Northwestern football recruiting update.
- Oh yeah! It’s WATCH LIST SZN!
Watch List Season— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 15, 2019
We’ve got a feeling you’ll see our guy @JayT23 on a list or two...
First up, Maxwell Award#JT23 pic.twitter.com/aROfM6sak9
- What will Michigan’s offense look like this year?
- Three Badgers made SI’s Top-100 players list for 2019. Jonathan Taylor is third overall. That’s pretty good.
- It’s Wisconsin Week over at Off Tackle Empire. Go over there and comment to help offset all of the people that hate the Badgers which is, like, everyone.
- How will Rutgers define improvement this year on the gridiron? For one, they could try not losing to Kansas but what do I know?
- The crew over at Crimson Quarry are breaking down every hire that AD Fred Glass has made in his tenure. Kevin Wilson is...complicated.
- Cassius Winston is probably going to be hearing this a lot before the season starts.
- The 2016 class set the groundwork for Minnesota’s success last year and potentially this year.