Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
I’m sure you all missed me last week as I was up at a cabin in God’s country Minnesota with limited internet AND limited sobriety. But I’m back now, baby, and much to your dismay (or maybe pleasure?) so is the Blogopean Union! I’ll take this first post of the week to catch everyone up on the happenings in Wisconsin’s corner of the internet before branching out, later in the week leading up to B1G Media Days, to the rest of the conference.
- Student season tickets for the Badgers sold out for the 27th straight season! That’s pretty impressive given the fact that when my dad went to UW he could only remember going to a handful of games, and NOT for the reasons that I can only remember going to a handful of games.
JUMP AROUND!— Wisconsin Badgers (@UWBadgers) July 10, 2019
For the 27th straight season, all student season tickets for @BadgerFootball have SOLD OUT
We unite on game day to make Camp Randall Stadium a special place
Thanks for the continued support!#OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/n23BvzZKsm
- Want a chance for your kids to meet Jonathan Taylor and take an adorable picture with him? Well, reader, here is your chance!
- We tweeted about this story on Sunday, but it’s really good and you should go read it with a free trial of The Athletic. Jesse Temple is one of the best in the biz when it comes to covering the Badgers.
“I want people to say, ‘That dude worked hard. I never saw anybody do anything like him.’ That’s why I try to be different every single day.”— Jesse Temple (@jessetemple) July 8, 2019
What’s left for Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor to achieve? Plenty. A story on the "baddest dude in the country." https://t.co/O6FNZco5kX
- For all of our East Coast Badgers, the basketball team will be in Brooklyn right before Thanksgiving so take the whole week off and go cheer on the team while making fun of New Yorkers for freaking out about a little power outage.
The Badgers are Brooklyn bound— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) July 11, 2019
Wisconsin vs. Richmond
Monday, Nov. 25, 6 p.m. CT
Join us! Ticket information:
- Badger fans really are pretty awesome, aren’t we? Also, if you want season tickets...apparently do that today.
#⃣1⃣ in the Big Ten— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) July 12, 2019
#⃣5⃣ in the nation
Last season, finished among the nation's top seven in attendance for the 19th straight year
Join the team and be there for the action all season long!
Season ticket requests due July 15
- A nice, I’m not really sure what to call it, photo essay (?) about what head coach Kelly Sheffield has done for the volleyball program in Madison.
- While Rose Lavelle was winning the World Freaking Cup in France, a couple of fellow Badgers were also winning world titles.
- New numbers for the new Badgers on the hockey team. Slow news week on the ice I guess.
- Season tickets for the women’s hockey team go on sale next week. You may remember them as the defending NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.
Season s for the 2019-20 season will go on sale on Wednesday, July 24 while single-game s will go on sale on Tuesday, Sept. 17. pic.twitter.com/EsVROKSfs1— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerWHockey) July 12, 2019
- I wonder how big the trophy case is in Morgan McDonald’s house? Hopefully for stuff like this it’s just a certificate and not a huge trophy because I’d imagine he’s running out of room.
- And just because it’ll never get old...
Doing us proud off the field too.
i don’t think rose lavelle even remembers she scored last night pic.twitter.com/xN1JjUhUOS— rose lavelle stan account (@kelleyoharass) July 8, 2019
She, like everyone, loves dogs.
Saw an english bulldog wearing shoes today. It’s tied for the best thing to happen to me all week— Rose Lavelle (@roselavelle) July 11, 2019