Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Ethan Happ has joined the Kohl Blooded team for The Basketball Tournament.
Have you heard the news?!? @EthanHapp22 is playing with @KohlBloodedTBT in #TBT2019!— TBT (@thetournament) June 28, 2019
The @BadgerMBB alumni team begins the road to $2 million on July 19 at Capital University in Columbus.
️ TICKETS ️: https://t.co/Y8ladGXM3k pic.twitter.com/BTMUMJDCvn
Jordan Hill also back in the mix!
- Dana Rettke and Lauren Carlini will be representing their country this summer in the Volleyball Nations League Finals.
Lauren Barnes, who transferred from Minnesota to Wisconsin this spring, has been ruled immediately eligible by the B1G. She will also be representing her country at the World University Games, so a pretty good weekend for her.
- Former Badger Joe Pavelski is reportedly leaving the San Jose Sharks in free agency.
- Hopefully this graphic is sent to every high school running back in the country.
- It was a rough weekend, recruiting wise, for the Badger football team. Two of the top targets left on Paul Chryst’s board did not commit to UW and not only that, they chose to take their talents to B1G West rivals. Nebraska secured the verbal commitment of nose tackle Nash Hutmacher and Minnesota snagged wide receiver Daniel Jackson.
- Penn State adds another defensive lineman to their 2020 class. That’s five players who lineup in the trenches for the Nittany Lions.
- A 3-star CB from New Jersey is planning on going to Purdue.
- Northwestern has, presumably, a brand new starting quarterback this year and he is, well, he is supposed to be pretty good.
- Ohio State continued their dominance on the recruiting trail by picking up a pair of 4-star commits over the weekend. A LB from New Jersey and an in-state DT was the haul for Ryan Day.
- An interesting read about Dino Tomlin, Mike Tomlin’s son, and his choice to play at Maryland and what it’s like growing up when your dad is a successful NFL coach.
- Indiana is down one assistant coach in basketball. WHY CAN’T TOM CREA...oh wait, he doesn’t coach there anymore. Nevermind.