Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The Badgers received a verbal commitment from another in-state offensive lineman, this one as a preferred walk-on, and I don’t know if Owen could be any more excited.
Projected Wisconsin starting offense in 2019:— Owen Riese (@RieseDraft) June 27, 2019
- Frank the Tank will be looking for a new home for the next NBA season. He would fit in nicely with the Bucks if Brook Lopez doesn’t work out...
Per a league source, #Hornets don't plan on extending a qualifying offer to Frank Kaminsky, which will make him an unrestricted free agent. Hornets don't have much cap space and currently have a logjam on their frontline after last week's draft.— Rod Boone (@rodboone) June 27, 2019
- The only unanimously loved member of the athletic department is being inducted in the UW Hall of Fame.
He's a member of five other Hall of Fames, but this one's really special. Welcome to the #UWHallofFame Otto Puls! https://t.co/Yn7z0JQIA6— Wisconsin Badgers (@UWBadgers) June 27, 2019
- I doubt we’ll have an open thread (so consider this the open thread for the game) for the USWNT vs. France game at 2 p.m. CT on FOX, but you should definitely skip out of work early to watch it. Come on, just do it! It’s a summer Friday and your country needs you to drink beer and shout mean things at the French!
One of the breakout players at this year's World Cup has been @roselavelle with the @USWNT.— Wisconsin Badgers (@UWBadgers) June 27, 2019
We couldn't be more proud of our Badger!
Cheer on Rose and the U.S. when they face France on Friday at 2 p.m. (CT) on FOX.#OnWisconsin #OneNationOneTeam https://t.co/Np2jppp6Sh
- Peep this video hyping up Jonathan Taylor’s Heisman chances in 2019 featuring Melvin Gordon and Ron Dayne.
Best running back in 2018— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) June 26, 2019
Best r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ player in 2019@JayT23 is Bringing Running Back...
Don’t miss the show.#JT23 pic.twitter.com/SBnDSJ43ey
- Former Badger goalie Brian Elliott has resigned with the Philadelphia Flyers because he must hate himself. Which is the only reason I, a lifelong fan of the organization, could see choosing to stay and play with that hell team.
THE MOOSE IS BACK.https://t.co/PEcYAquBzn— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) June 26, 2019
- SWEET MERCIFUL HEAVENS THOSE BANANAS HAVE CONTROL OF A HAWK!
- 4-star athlete commits to Penn State. Will probably decommit later. News at 11.
- Ohio State has a position called “Bullet” on defense. I mean...that sounds pretty cool tbqh.
- To cheer up sad Michigan baseball fans, the football team got two 4-star commits on Thursday. One, a linebacker that Wisconsin was looking at, and the other, a running back we’ll probably end up hating!
- Let’s remember some guys: Illinois basketball edition.