College football recruiting is a year round business and it can be hard to keep up with all of the news. Here is a quick roundup of Badger recruiting happenings from the past week. There is a larger post from earlier today talking about all of the official visitors that will be on campus this weekend.
- Damon Ollison II out of Akron, Ohio (Archbishop Hoban) is a 2021 LB prospect that is rated as a 3-star recruit on 247Sports. He also has offers from Arkansas, Michigan and Rutgers.
- Bryan Sanborn is a 4-star LB from Lake Zurich, Illinois (Lake Zurich) who 247Sports has rated as the eighth best linebacker in the 2021 class. He has also been offered by Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State and Nebraska, with plenty more to come one would assume. I’m sure Paul Chryst will love to have him on campus this weekend.
- Caleb Rodkey is an unranked OL from the 2021 class that has interest in both Wisconsin and Ohio State according to Rivals. The Missouri City, Texas (Ridge Point) native clocks in at 6’5” and 320 lbs. Holy crap.
- A 2022 QB (pro-style) prospect from Queen Creek, Arizona (Queen Creek) will be in Madison this weekend. Devin Brown holds an offer from Wisconsin already and has received interest from Indiana, Washington, BYU, Rice and Iowa State according to Rivals.
- Living a short car ride away, Zach Hamilton from Hales Corner (Greendale) is an unranked 2021 OT that has interest from Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota and North Dakota State amongst others.
- In the current class of 2020, monster DT Nash Hutmacher, has narrowed his college decision down to three final schools. This would be an important player for Wisconsin as their are a finite number of high school players that project as nose tackles, and Hutmacher is one of them.
AND ONE QUICK BASKETBALL UPDATE!