College football recruiting is a year round business and it can be hard to keep up with all of the news. Here is a quick roundup of Badger recruiting happenings from the past week. There will be a larger post later today talking about all of the official visitors that will be on campus this weekend.
- Uber talented 2021 offensive lineman Ben Christman will be on campus this Sunday. He is rated quite highly by 247Sports and it is pretty cool that the Richfield, Ohio native is giving Wisconsin a chance as just about everyone who knows anything thinks he’ll be heading to Ohio State.
UPDATE: Christman is in Madison.
- Lawrence Arnold a 6’3” WR out of DeSoto, Texas received an offer from the Badgers this week.
It is always intriguing to have wideouts that are head and shoulders taller than opposing corners and Arnold fits that bill.
- Another tall WR, albeit only 6’1”, has narrowed his school choices down to six, and the Badgers made the cut.
Watts is from Omaha, so Nebraska obviously has a chance but a lot of Crystal Balls are saying Notre Dame is the team to beat.
- Wisconsin offered tight end Joe Royer a scholarship at the very end of May.
Fewer than two weeks later and BAM! The Badgers are in his top six.
Top 6 .... (recruitment is still open) pic.twitter.com/HiNacThPUn— Joe Royer (@JoeRoyer25) June 11, 2019
Michigan, Penn State, LSU and Ohio State are all going to be tough to beat but it is nice to see a Wisconsin offer carries some clout with these kids.
- 2021 DT Voi Tunuufi has an offer from Wisconsin. The Salt Lake City, Utah native has offers from BYU, Utah, Utah State, Washington, Washington State, Nebraska and LSU according to Rivals and 247Sports.
First off I'd Like To Thank My Family and @CoachBMatich For This Crazy Opportunity !! Grateful To Say I've Received A Full-ride Scholarship To The University of Wisconsin !! #gobadgers pic.twitter.com/uPGEK6q7mR— Voi Tunuufi (@TunuufiVoi) May 25, 2019
- Arizona DE Anthony Franklin popped up to Madison on Thursday after visiting Northwestern.