If you’re reading this, we assume you love the Wisconsin Badgers and the community we’ve built here at Bucky’s 5th Quarter. Here’s your chance to become a bigger part of this community in a meaningful way.
Bucky’s 5th Quarter is hiring a site manager. Keep reading for all of the details and to find out if this might be the right opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
The manager is responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Wisconsin sports and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Badgers and news that is already familiar with Bucky’s 5th Quarter.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, submit a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person to fill this role, a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, and a sports-related writing sample via our Vox Media Careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about SB Nation, Bucky’s 5th Quarter, or the application process, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Vox Media, SB Nation, and Bucky’s 5th Quarter are committed to bringing you coverage of the Badgers from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your experience and background don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.