Spring football started on Tuesday for the Wisconsin Badgers, and though the media’s first access will be given early next week, that doesn’t mean we’ll stop our position previews!
The Wisconsin State Journal’s Jason Galloway joins us in looking at the Badgers’ outside linebackers, wide receivers and specialists. Here is the full breakdown:
- Jason and Jake were inside the McClain Center on Monday to speak with head coach Paul Chryst. We discuss the noted position changes, which positions are really impacted by those Badgers out or limited for the spring, and all the quarterback talk from the 20-minute plus chat.
- UW’s outside linebackers: We discuss if Zack Baun can take the next step, and if the position group as a whole can replace the production of Andrew Van Ginkel; how Christian Bell’s injury affects the group for the spring; incoming freshman Spencer Lytle and how these upcoming practices could help him try to make an impact.
- For the wide receivers, we discuss the expectations for the group heading into 2019. Were they too hyped for last season, and who further down on the depth chart could use the spring to position themselves for more reps in fall camp?
- Lastly the specialists, Wisconsin will be without Rafael Gaglianone for the first time since 2014. Who has the edge at placekicker, what comes of the punting situation and who steps up in the return games?
- Owen and Jake also briefly touch on Tai Strickland’s departure from the men’s basketball program and what it means for next year.