Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Badgers are on the road to Indy!
- @ChrystMemes is a good account.
I’M SIMPLY GOING TO CALL THIS ONE “THE SEASON” BECAUSE IT IS GLORIOUS pic.twitter.com/ZyGDaTLPq9— ChrystMemes (@chrystmemes) December 5, 2019
- Three Walter Camp Award finalists on the field in Indy this Saturday. I hope Jonathan Taylor is able to play against Ohio State like he does against everyone else.
Walter Camp National Player of the Year finalists:— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) December 5, 2019
Joe Burrow, LSU
Justin Fields, Ohio State
Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State
Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
Chase Young, Ohio State
WE HAVE A @WALTERCAMPFF PLAYER OF THE YEAR FINALIST— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) December 5, 2019
Broken record alert: @Jayt23 is truly something special.
He is now our fourth finalist in school history joining Alan Ameche, Ron Dayne and Melvin Gordon.#JT23 || #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/hLEWoALRXD
- Whatever. The ACC/B1G Challenge is stupid anyways.
- Is there a sport that Wisconsin doesn’t take the best athletes from Minnesota and make them into a Badger?
#NationalSigningDay2019 Oliver Paleen from Saint Paul, Minnesota— Wisconsin Track & Field (@BadgerTrackXC) December 5, 2019
The #Badgers have added the 2019 Minnesota Division 1 state cross country champion!
• 4:16.99 1600 PR
• 9:19.19 3200 PR#OnWisconsin ⚪️ pic.twitter.com/ZdLVvyqEp0
- Winning the B1G in volleyball is impressive every year, but this year seems extra impressive.
- What...were the other teams practicing then?
- Way to throw that hammer down, Khalil!
- WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW THEN, RALPH!?!?
If Penn State and Wisconsin are ranked close, let's say 10 and 11, and both are assured of getting a NY6 bid does that give the Rose cover to select Wisconsin, because PSU has been in the Rose more recently? Penn State gets Cotton or Orange? Maybe?— Ralph D. Russo (@ralphDrussoAP) December 5, 2019
We don't know.
- The Badgers had three All-Americans as chosen by the coaches. I’m pretty sure Jordyn Bloomer could stop me from watching Real Housewives of Dallas. That’s how good she is at stopping people from doing things.
- A big chance to solidify that No. 1 ranking before heading into winter break.
- ::pokes team with a stick:: Sweep something.
One more weekend opportunity in 2019.— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) December 5, 2019
Stream us on BTN+. pic.twitter.com/P0NVV2pcKm
It’s been a great week on the road. We’re real excited for a big weekend in Champaign!— Lovie Smith (@LovieSmith) December 6, 2019
(Heard this was popular) pic.twitter.com/iZt52hSb91
- Scott Frost definitely has everything under control in Lincoln.
Nebraska players face ban for sexual misconduct https://t.co/afpTUQI9RJ— Paula Lavigne (@pinepaula) December 5, 2019
- BHGP looks back on some preseason predictions for Iowa.
- Penn State has lost eight straight road games to Michigan in hockey. Who knew?
- Purdue is naming the field at Ross-Ade Stadium. My suggestion? Big Stupid-Ass Drum Field at Ross-Ade Stadium Which Is Also Stupid.
- LGHL previews Wisconsin vs. Ohio State Again.
- Michigan and Kentucky will play a basketball game in London! Has anyone made a UK joke yet?
- A sincere remembrance of Mick McCall’s tenure as Northwestern’s OC.
B1G basketball scoreboard from last night (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
The B1G was too busy celebrating their ACC/B1G title to be bother to play any games on Thursday night.