Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- It was a really rough night for anyone involved with the Wisconsin Badgers men’s basketball program.
Frank Kaminsky's voice cracked at a bad time pic.twitter.com/ox5f8JRxBi— ClutchPoints (@ClutchPointsApp) December 5, 2019
- Tiffany Clark, who was robbed of an all-conference honor, talks about how much she enjoys playing volleyball in Madison.
"It’s so easy to get caught up in the wins and losses that you forget to stop and just appreciate how amazing this life truly is. I get to play the sport I love with the people I love most."— NCAA Volleyball (@NCAAVolleyball) December 5, 2019
– Tiffany Clark#NCAAVB | @BadgerVB pic.twitter.com/kHdjSZ60np
- I really hope Chris Orr gets a shot in the NFL. I think he’ll make some team happy they took the risk on a short LB.
Welcome to #Pasadena | The #NFLPABowl would like to welcome @BadgerFootball LB Chris Orr (@Chris_Guwap).— The Collegiate Bowl (@NFLPABowl) December 5, 2019
Watch out for Orr, who has made a living in the opponent’s backfield this year with 13.5 TFL, including 11.5 sacks. #OnWisconsin #LivingOnTheEdge #MakeYourMarkinLA pic.twitter.com/msIlznNd7P
- Poor N.C. State, thinking they got a quality win last night.
Starting 4-3 is rough, but #Badgers forcing Marquette fans to secretly root for them all season to keep that blowout L in quadrant 1 is *mwuh* ... chef's kiss. pic.twitter.com/xCGxjJhRKB— Phil Mitten (@hoopsmarinara) December 4, 2019
- It is good to see bald coaches at Wisconsin stick together.
The earth is round, Wisconsin loves cheese and I am bald. All absolutes like this below https://t.co/PzvjN1RKsa— Jonathan Tsipis (@BadgerCoachTsip) December 4, 2019
- Don’t worry everyone. We’ve got a plan to stop this guy.
The Player of the Year in the B1G?— PFF College (@PFF_College) December 4, 2019
That would be Chase Young. https://t.co/QwqOwTppTI pic.twitter.com/tzUqUbDC3B
Look @BadgerFootball, it can’t hurt to try this for Saturday, ok? pic.twitter.com/f8uR0jCPrZ— Bucky's 5th Quarter (@B5Q) December 5, 2019
- MOST IMPORTANT POST OF THE FOOTBALL SEASON ALERT! PIESMAN TROPHY VOTING IS OPEN! GO GO GO GO GO!
And for the most important award of the year.... Voting is now open for the 2019 PIESMAN TROPHY— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) December 5, 2019
Vote NOW for @MattHenningsen ➡️ @piesmantrophy ⤵️https://t.co/P7Okl5DkRD pic.twitter.com/2hw4hYM9ET
- A host of Badgers are strutting their stuff internationally.
Congrats to our 8️⃣ #Badgers will be repping the red, white and blue at next week's @USAHockey camp!https://t.co/LQKoJwyz0k— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerWHockey) December 4, 2019
- Hey, wanna see a trophy?
M.E. is willing to let go of the trophy for a few hours so you can get a chance to check it out tomorrow!— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) December 4, 2019
Fans are welcomed to visit Bucky's Locker Room at Camp Randall between 12:30PM-5PM tomorrow, 12/5, to get a photo with the Big Ten Championship Trophy pic.twitter.com/Apxc4F8dg2
- A.J. Epenesa is a really good player and I’ll be happy when he’s gone and in the NFL.
- Some B1G volleyball predictions for the NCAA Tournament from Corn Nation.
- The Huskers get to look ahead to 2020 a little bit earlier than most teams.
- Former 4-star WR turned DB is leaving Purdue and entering the TRANSFER PORTAL!
- The 10 best moments of Mick McCall’s 12 years at the helm of Northwestern’s offense. That’s almost one per year!
- Road tripping to Indy for the B1G Title game? LGHL has a nice guide.
- Could the B1G Title game be closer than people think?
- The tenth member of Michigan’s 2017 class has entered the TRANSFER PORTAL!
- Michigan LB Josh Uche is declaring for the NFL Draft.
- Greg Schiano, as they say, won the press conference.
- Maryland RB Javon Leake is going pro.
- I am still baffled that Wisconsin lost to Illinois. Illinois, meanwhile, is still baffled that they can’t beat Northwestern.
- Michigan State, the preseason No. 1 team in the nation, is not having the start to the season they envisioned. They got eviscerated by Duke, at home, for their third loss already.
ACC/B1G Challenge basketball scoreboard from last night (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
Wisconsin 54 - N.C. State 69
Purdue 69 - No. 5 Virginia 40
Nebraska 56 - Georgia Tech 73
No. 3 Maryland 72 - Notre Dame 51
Penn State 76 - Wake Forest 54
No. 6 Ohio State 74 - No. 7 North Carolina 49
B1G 8 - ACC 6
#B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G #B1G