Your B1G West division champion No. 8 Wisconsin Badgers (10-3 overall, 7-2 B1G) have been out in California for a few days now getting prepared to do battle with the Pac-12 Champion No. 6 Oregon Ducks (11-2 overall, 8-1 Pac-12) on New Year’s Day.
Here are some updates from the last few days on the Badgers as they have started taking in all the festivities and practices that surround The Granddaddy of Them All.
- It was Rose Bowl Media Day on Tuesday. You can read our roundup of what happened right here.
- We think you look great, Isaiahh!
#Badgers DL Isaiahh Loudermilk enjoyed Lawry's Beef Bowl. Had two plates + apple pie with ice cream. Didn't check his weight before and isn't going near a scale today: "No, no, I'm not going to weigh myself for a while. I'm nervous."— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) December 29, 2019
- I think it’s both hilarious and a missed opportunity to do something cool that the Badgers are just wearing their regular road uniforms in the Rose Bowl against a team that has new uniforms every week.
Experience of a lifetime pic.twitter.com/TnwglCVnVV— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) December 30, 2019
- Oregon clearly has issues with keeping their head in the game. I think Wisconsin can take advantage of this.
- Ahhhhh, the good ol’ days when the Badgers would win a Rose Bowl or three. Let’s start this new decade off with a bang, huh?
It’s Media Day at the Rose Bowl. pic.twitter.com/kKRdwQZLsK— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) December 30, 2019
- Building floats is hard. I “helped” put together a few floats for my fraternity and the Homecoming parade and it suuuuuuuuuuucked. I can’t imagine doing a real, professional one.
- I wonder how many dozens of roses are needed for Rose Bowl week? In my house we’ve already bought one dozen so I’d have to assume that at least five dozen have been used in official promotional photos.
- These are such cool photos.
#MemoryMonday - throwing it back to the last time @oregonfootball faced @badgerfootball in the #RoseBowl! Proud to share that FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, a female pilot will be flying the B-2 Bomber above the 106th @rosebowlgame! @westcoastaerial #INSPIRE pic.twitter.com/yikk14cg38— Rose Bowl Stadium (@RoseBowlStadium) December 30, 2019
- Happy birthday Zack Baun!
- Chris Orr is ready to go after leaving the B1G Championship game with an injury.
- Speaking of injuries: it sounds like Jack Coan was battling some all year. It’s crazy how effective he was despite not being 100%.
QB coach Jon Budmayr lauded the toughness of Jack Coan. Fought through injuries from the Michigan game on. Said he was “spending day and night” getting ready physically to play in some of the games.— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) December 30, 2019
- I didn’t know that Jack Sanborn’s father played football at Oregon. It’s a shame he won’t get to see his son play his alma mater in the Rose Bowl.
#Badgers Jack Sanborn on facing his late-father's team: "I grew up watching Oregon. They got me into college football. Then I came to Wisconsin because I wanted to win a Rose Bowl. To have the opportunity to do that against Oregon, life comes full circle."— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) December 30, 2019
- Mickey Turner is excited about his incoming class of tight ends. Between Cam Large, Cole Dakovich, Clay Cundiff and Hayden Rucci, Turner should have a nice group to mold into the next great set of Badgers tight ends.
Asked tight ends coach Mickey Turner about incoming recruit Cam Large:— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) December 30, 2019
"You're always looking for a downside. What's the one piece I'm not seeing? I haven't found it yet with him.
"That's pretty exciting."#Badgers
Mickey Turner is also excited about Cole Dakovich. The Catholic Memorial product hasn't been a full-time tight end yet, but worked out for the #Badgers at the position in camp.— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) December 30, 2019
"He's got a great fluidity, he's athletic as hell."
- The Badgers had their pep rally at LA Live on Tuesday as well.
- The most popular man (large Badger?) at LA Live.
- That’s why he’s The Don.
- It takes one amazing running back to know another one. Do you ever stop and think about how lucky Wisconsin has been at the running back position over the past decade?
- Orr really can do it all. This guy is a complete player.
- HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN CHASE WOLF DANCE?!? Oregon is in trouble if this is the best they got.