Your B1G West division champion No. 8 Wisconsin Badgers (10-3 overall, 7-2 B1G) have been out in California for a few days now getting prepared to do battle with the Pac-12 Champion No. 6 Oregon Ducks (11-2 overall, 8-1 Pac-12) on New Year’s Day.
Here are some updates from the last few days on the Badgers as they have started taking in all the festivities and practices that surround The Granddaddy of Them All.
- As long as the Wisconsin defense continues performing at a high level, there will always be concern that defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard will be poached by a school with deeper pockets or with a head coaching position to offer. However, it appears as though Leonhard is extremely happy coaching in his home state.
"There's only one place to do this job, and that's home. That's the draw of staying with the #Badgers."— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) December 29, 2019
- Jim Leonhard was asked by @jessetemple what keeps him at Wisconsin pic.twitter.com/L63WXTDCiY
- Jim, please worry about what we say about you. It helps our self-esteem.
#Badgers DC Jim Leonhard:— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) December 29, 2019
“I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses. I think that’s what helps me be good, but it also keeps me down the path of not worrying what you guys (media) say so much.” pic.twitter.com/G7msGAsoK1
- The Oregon offense and the Wisconsin defense were the ones in the spotlight on Sunday and everyone is both happy to be here and looking forward to the challenge. Tremendous insight.
Gearing up for game day. #GoDucks | #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/GtaBtKWSOx— Rose Bowl Game (@rosebowlgame) December 29, 2019
- Local boy done good, Justin Herbert, sounds like an alright dude...if you can hear him that is.
Other guys on #Oregon’s offense describe their QB Justin Herbert as “a quiet guy, but his actions speak way louder than his words.”#GoDucks #RoseBowl pic.twitter.com/77xRw1Z1TV— Melissa Y. Kim (@melissaykim) December 29, 2019
- Here is what the Ducks will be wearing on New Year’s Day.
It’s like this, y’all. @OregonFootball uniform combo for 2020 Rose Bowl. #GoDucks pic.twitter.com/Q1ynhUvGMI— GoDucks (@GoDucks) December 29, 2019
As for the Badgers? We don’t know yet but we have been told that they won’t be wearing red pants.
- Coan to Cephus could be a big a difference maker in this game so it’s good to see that Coan can still throw it to him in the end zone.
Jack Coan throwing to his favorite target, Quintez Cephus, at #Badgers practice at the LA Chargers/Galaxy facilities.— Melissa Y. Kim (@melissaykim) December 29, 2019
Cephus has 6 TDs this season, second most on the team behind Jonathan Taylor.#OnWisconsin#RoseBowl pic.twitter.com/tlT8fSjjiR
- I did not know that Leonhard was a southpaw!
Yes, he was an All-American at Wisconsin and a 10-year NFL veteran at safety, but #Badgers DC @jimleonhard can certainly sling it, as seen when working with the DBs earlier today. pic.twitter.com/zciUePKUjC— Jake Kocorowski (@JakeKoco) December 29, 2019
- Go on with your bad self, Chase Wolf!
‼️ NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, pumps up Chase Wolf (@cwolfie25 ) & @BadgerFootball better than Katy Perry's "California Girls" ‼️#Ducks practice vs. #Badgers practice Saturday ahead of the #RoseBowl— Maria Santora (@MariaSantoraTV) December 29, 2019
: @katyperry pic.twitter.com/bzNiF7NEWu
- Is Wolf a better dancer than Aron Cruickshank?
I present to you, as part of AllBadgers’ Rose Bowl coverage, 20 seconds of Aron Cruickshank dancing. (@Ac_Hollywood_) pic.twitter.com/ZxDuTCLm34— Jake Kocorowski (@JakeKoco) December 29, 2019
- I feel extremely fortunate that I got to attend a Rose Bowl (vs. TCU) and I’m jealous of everyone that gets to go to this one. I’ll never forgive Bielema for not giving the ball to John Clay on the two-point conversion but at least the setting was beautiful.
Can’t wait for New Years Day!!@oregonfootball and @BadgerFootball in Pasadena on @espn. Always my favorite call of the year!— Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) December 29, 2019
America’s New Year Celebration! pic.twitter.com/GoY71h8QDQ