Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
Football recruiting top-five announced
- 2020 4-star RB Jalen Berger (Ramsey, N.J.) released his official top-five this past week. These were the five teams that everyone assumed were his final choices, but now we know with certainty. It has been noted that Berger wants to stay close to home and with Greg Schiano installed as the head coach at Rutgers, the Scarlet Knights seem to be in the lead. Berger will be announcing his commitment on Jan. 4th at the US Army All-American Bowl.
Top5 (no order) pic.twitter.com/PCMA2PcgVs— Jalen Berger (@JalenBerger) December 27, 2019
Football commit updates
- Oh my goodness. 2020 4-star LB commit Kaden Johnson (Minneapolis, Minn.) thew this DOWN!
This football player can jump a little bit ❤️ https://t.co/oO8UuYnWCA— Kaden Johnson (@KadenJohnson9) December 28, 2019
Basketball commit updates
- 2020 unranked wing, and Wisconsin PWO, Carter Gilmore (Hartland) is going to be one of the biggest steals the Badgers have gotten in recent memory. I am going to say it every week especially when he is putting up numbers like these!
Carter Gilmore on one lately— Wisconsin Hoopz (@hoopz_wisconsin) December 27, 2019
38 pts, 10 reb, 7 ast in W last week
32 pts, 11 reb, 9 ast in W tonight pic.twitter.com/eUhmQ7QvWO
This sort of stat-stuffing performance is the kind of thing that the Badgers rarely get from a wing player. Now, Gilmore is not the type of player that is going to come in and make an instant impact, but he will be a valuable rotational piece before his time in Madison is done.
2020 G/F Carter Gilmore (6-7) finished with 32 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 blocks and 3 steals for Arrowhead in its 78-76 OT win over Kimberly.— Mark Miller (@WisBBYearbook) December 27, 2019
- 2021 4-star PF commit Matthew Mors (Yankton, S.D.) is throwing down nasty dunks and is having glowing profiles written about him. He’s the total package!
Enjoyed talking to Matthew Mors and his father about Matthew’s youth & how his time around the game of has gotten him to this point— Jeremy Hoeck (@jhoeck) December 26, 2019
Boys Athlete of the Year: Mors Has Grown Up On The Basketball Court https://t.co/pDtMkM2yZ0 via @pressanddakotan
Yeah @matthew_mors wasn’t messing around on this one my word. #HoppCityClassic https://t.co/wt9oxZdxBj pic.twitter.com/IzBdaADfpZ— Adam Feser (@AdamFeser) December 28, 2019
- 2021 4-star sniper Julian Roper (Franklin, Mich.) is the type of player that Wisconsin desperately needs. He combines the shooting of a Brevin Pritzl with the driving ability of a healthy Kobe King. He is uncommitted, but is considered a strong Wisconsin lean and hopefully having teammate 3-star PG commit Lorne Bowman in Madison will be a help in getting him to commit.
2021 Julian Roper caps off the game with an emphatic dunk was in the 4th qtr.— Endless Motor Sports (@endless_motor) December 28, 2019
Roper was absolutely dominant. Buried pull up triples, finished at the rim with authority and played outstanding defense.@JuBuckets0 pic.twitter.com/CsRv0cwbuD
- 2022 unranked wing Javaughn Hannah (Mount Clemens, Mich.) is putting on some dominant displays so far this season and may force the Badgers into offering sooner rather than later.
2022 Javaughn Hannah (Mt Clemens) goes for 32 pts in a victory vs South Lake.— Endless Motor Sports (@endless_motor) December 27, 2019
Sophomore guard continues to put up monster numbers, averaging more than 35pts per contest this year.@JavaughnHannah
Hannah has recently received offers from Washington State and Texas A&M and one would imagine that bigger, local names will soon be popping up with offers for Hannah.
Javaughn Hannah (2022, SG, Mt. Clemens) @JavaughnHannah picks up an offer from Washington State. The D1 power 5 offers keep rolling in. Top 100 prospect in the country and a flat out scorer. Not to mention a great kid that fans of a program will love. https://t.co/7rhJGoQu4x— Scott Hankamp (@HankampScott) December 21, 2019