Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Do Moore. Be Moore. For Moore.
- The basketball season hasn’t gone exactly as planned so far, but at least the Badgers haven’t lost to anyone in the state!
- Cole Caufield is straight up lighting the lamp with shocking regularity for the US Junior team.
- All four Badgers (Caufield, K’Andre Miller, Ty Emberson and Alex Turcotte) that attend camp for the US Junior team made the final cut.
- I’d argue you should just make the team out of entirely Josh Gasser but I might be biased.
My all-B1G Glue Team of the decade:— Brent Yarina (@BTNBrentYarina) December 23, 2019
Josh Gasser, WIS
Josh Reaves, PSU
David Lighty, OSU
Rapheal Davis, PUR
Damian Johnson, MIN
Who'd I miss? pic.twitter.com/X3u1mOdJNR
- Once the season is over we’ll have some NFL Draft coverage, but it’s nice to see Zack Baun already getting some love from draftniks.
Heard Todd McShay say he wouldn't be surprised if Zack Baun was a late first-round pick. What a season that kid had. Was great to see him finally stay healthy.— Jason Galloway (@Jason_Galloway) December 23, 2019
- It is nice to see the women’s hoops team have some young pieces that are fitting into place to hopefully turn into a competitive team in the B1G.
Player Spotlight: @sydhilliard30 of @BadgerWBB is one of two freshman in @B1Gwbball that appears in the Top Ten for wtPER (23.5, 6th). Averages 10.2 ppg and 5.9 boards while shooting 57.8 from field for @BadgerCoachTsip.https://t.co/dEbgG6mpkf— CoachBays34 (@bays34) December 22, 2019
- No spoilers in the comments, but did y’all like Star Wars?
I need thoughts on the new star wars movie because I didn’t like it !!!— F L ⚡️ S H (@Melvingordon25) December 24, 2019
- We are excited to have Owen back in the mix now that Whitewater football has ended another successful season. He’ll be down in Mobile again watching NFL Draft prospects.
- ::eyeballs emoji::
Talked to #Badgers coach Paul Chryst about future of WR Quintez Cephus - NFL or come back to UW. 1) Cephus loves his teammates and is having a blast. 2) He listens to sound as vice. 3) WR class coming out is LOADED. #clues— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) December 26, 2019
- Really nailed conference expansion, Delany.
Comprehensive list of Big Ten football teams that have missed a bowl game each of the last three seasons:— MochaTruck (@MochaTruck) December 23, 2019
- An airing of grievances with Black Shoe Diaries.
- Lotta choices featuring Wisconsin in Corn Nation’s “worst football moments of the decade” poll.
- Purdue basketball players as Christmas presents.
- Northwestern has a basketball player named Boo Buie. He’s pretty good!
- Ohio State has been the best basketball team in the conference so far. Who has been their MVP?
- Optimistic thoughts on Rutgers. It’s the holidays, let’s be nice to everyone.
- Is Ayo Dosunmu ruining his draft stock or is Illinois squandering its chance?