Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Congratulations to Chris Orr who wins football games and just won a special lady’s heart.
- SP+ has the Badgers winning the Rose Bowl. I don’t even think we should play the game...this settles it, right?
SP+ BOWL PICKS— Bill Connelly (@ESPN_BillC) December 16, 2019
* GUHHHH, I hate these lines so much. So much “favorite -3.5 or -7.5” b.s., and the only space between SP+ and the line involves teams I don’t think SP+ has as good a read on.
* GOOD LUCK IN YOUR BOWL POOLS, FRIENDS pic.twitter.com/mAE5f6FRfn
- Rose Bowl bag policy just in case you are headed out west.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL FANS ATTENDING THE #ROSEBOWL GAME— Rose Bowl Game (@rosebowlgame) December 16, 2019
The @RoseBowlStadium uses a CLEAR BAG POLICY, just like Camp Randall Stadium and Autzen Stadium.
Please be sure to follow all clear bag guidelines! pic.twitter.com/Emdy5vgLA1
- 30 points in 24 games?!?! That seems like a good points per game situation.
Wisconsin recruit Mathieu De St. Phalle added to his league leading totals in Chicago's 3-1 win over Tri-City on Saturday.— Stars n’ Stripes Hockey (@StarsStripesHKY) December 16, 2019
De St. Phalle scored once and added an assist and now has 16 's and 14 's in 24 games this season.
Here he puts home the Matt Coronato feed. #Badgers pic.twitter.com/DCP4ol5bUY
- Here are the lines for the USA U-20 camp. Love to see Cole Caufield and Alex Turcotte on the top line.
Lines USA are using to start their U20 camp pic.twitter.com/qqUv3tnn2S— Corey Pronman (@coreypronman) December 16, 2019
- Here’s a nice video of the boys at U-20 camp.
- The women’s national team is also playing right now and the Americans took it to the Canadians in game one.
- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NIGEL HAYES! I <3 U FOREVER!
Wishing my baby boy, Mr. @Wise__God himself a.k.a. @NIGEL_HAYES a Big Happy 25th Birthday! Command the next 1/4 of your life and live it exactly how you want it to be. I love you! pic.twitter.com/CTo4BwOxBm— TALAYA DAVIS (@TALAYADAVIS) December 16, 2019
- God, smart athletes just make me so mad! BE GOOD AT ONLY ONE THING SO THE REST OF US DON’T LOOK SO BAD!
- I know we already congratulated Chris Orr on getting engaged, but we can also talk about his football skills too. I, for one, did not see him becoming such a terror rushing the passer this year. I hope he gets a shot in the pros because I think he’ll make some defensive coordinator look like a genius.
Chris Orr led the way for a high-level Wisconsin defense this season pic.twitter.com/vYsSUuTFD0— PFF College (@PFF_College) December 16, 2019
- The incorrect usage of “honed” in this tweet aside, it is nice to see Vitto Brown doing well in the G-League. Really shooting the lights out too!
In his last four home games, @SenseiSwat33 has been honed in, averaging 20.5 points, on a .548 clip from distance (17-31 3FG), 6.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 28.5 minutes— Erie BayHawks (@ErieBayHawks) December 16, 2019
Catch him in action tomorrow against the 905 ️ ️-> https://t.co/5flEWD07O4 pic.twitter.com/rxavPgVkoR
- Come send the volleyball team off to Pittsburgh this afternoon!
We want to see you before you leave.— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) December 17, 2019
Come say bye! Check out the graphic for details!
Meet you outside the Field House pic.twitter.com/w3CW4golnT
- Today we are just going to stick with the Wisconsin updates as I am tired and have a bunch more recruiting stuff to write, soooooo you can look up what the hell Maryland or whoever is doing your damn self.