Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- It is nice to see Dylan Holloway performing so well for his country. Now, let me say it again, bring that momentum back to Madison!
In the non-sudden death overtime, Dylan Holloway gets a nice goal in front. He has been fantastic over the past few days in drills, and now the game. #WJC2020— Steven Ellis (@StevenEllisTHN) December 12, 2019
- I’m always happy when former Badgers are no longer on teams I hate. What I’m trying to say is, thanks for leaving the Rangers, Derek Stepan.
- It’s always funny to see offensive linemen’s families. I always assume both parents are massive people but sometimes...they’re regular sized!
Biiiiig fish guys pic.twitter.com/0c3dlQmXkU— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) December 12, 2019
- The help, quite literally, can’t come soon enough.
- I don’t think Wisconsin should ever play on the road again this season. Or in New Jersey ever again.
Wisconsin has more wins than any other Big Ten team the past 18 years while finishing top four in league all but once. However, they are 0-3 at the RAC since Rutgers joined 5 years ago. Not their best version this season but a win over a top half Big Ten program nonetheless.— Aaron Breitman (@aaron_breitman) December 12, 2019
- Are you ready for the big time volleyball games at the Field House this weekend? Get ready by listening to genius Sydney Hilley talk about being awesome at volleyball!
- You can also go see her, and the rest of the team, be awesome at volleyball during their open practice later on Thursday.
Want to see some of the best teams in the country practice before they battle it out in the round of 16?— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) December 11, 2019
Open practices are listed below! Come check them out, and geek out about volleyball with fellow fans pic.twitter.com/soX18mTwr5
- Hopefully you’ll have volleyball to be watching on Saturday, but here is a good flip back.
- Shoutout Dave Brandon!
never forget that dave brandon negotiated against himself to hire brady hoke so he could use a pre-prepared line at the introductory presser. (from @Johnubacon’s endzone, of course.) https://t.co/QYP7nC1weQ pic.twitter.com/w2mZJeDhRn— Ace Anbender (@AceAnbender) December 11, 2019
- Who is Purdue looking at to be their next defensive coordinator?
- What might Michigan football look like next year? I dunno, probably the same as this year tbh.
- 2020 4-star DE out of Florida commits to Michigan.
- 2020 3-star ATH from Virginia flips from Temple to Rutgers.
- Four thoughts about the Rutgers/Wisconsin game from the Scarlet Knights’ point of view.
- Some takeaways from Maryland’s loss at Penn State two nights ago.
- 2020 OT from North Carolina commits to Maryland.
- 2020 3-star DE from Florida commits to Illinois.
- Illinois played a full 40 minutes and ended up beating a top-five team!
B1G basketball scoreboard from last night (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
Wisconsin 65 - Rutgers 72
No. 5 Michigan 62 - Illinois 71