Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
We weren’t planning on doing another recruiting update until later in the week and then offers started flying, basically as soon as Tuesday’s update was finished, and, well, there’s content to be made!
- 2021 4-star WR Kaden Prather (Germantown, Md.) of Northwest got an offer from the Badgers on Tuesday. The 6-foot-3 and 210 pound wideout has a pretty full offer sheet already that includes Alabama, Penn State, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech and many others.
He appears to be leaning towards Penn State pretty strongly but the Badgers must’ve felt something could change since Paul Chryst doesn’t usually fire out offers indiscriminately. Prather has ideal size for a wide receiver and has also been timed as having a 4.6 40-yard dash time.
His highlight video shows him both running past and then outmuscling defenders AND outmuscling defenders and then running past them. He’s the total package.
- 2021 3-star TE/DE Jack Pugh (Hilliard, Ohio) of Hilliard Bradley High School received an offer from the Badgers on Tuesday. Pugh, who has a nice compact name, stands 6-foot-5 and weighs 235 pounds.
Pugh has nine offers but 247 thinks he is focusing on four: Pitt, Cincinnati, Iowa State and West Virginia. With Wisconsin’s history of developing tight ends, which is where the Badgers are recruiting him, for the NFL they should probably be in the conversation with Pugh until the end.
Pugh visited Madison back in November and came away impressed.
Pugh is raw but shows a nice ability to catch the ball in traffic and use his body to shield defenders from passes.
- 2021 3-star WR Jordan Moore (Towson, Md.) of Loyola Blakefield received an offer from the Badgers on Tuesday. Moore is a 6-foot-2 and 175 pound wideout that has offers from a bevy of east coast schools. Duke, Maryland, Pitt, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Syracuse and others are all interested in Moore.
Moore is another big wide receiver from the DMV area that Chryst has offered for the next recruiting cycle and I, for one, like his new strategy. There isn’t much info on Moore on the recruiting sites, but he’s probably really smart since Yale, Princeton and Navy have also offered him.
- Unranked 2021 TE Lawson Albright (Greensboro, N.C.) out of Grimsley High School received an offer from the Badgers on Tuesday. While Albright is unranked, he already has offers from Illinois, Indiana and Louisville. At 6-foot-5 and 225 pounds he also has ideal size for the tight end position with room to grow to handle the rigors of the B1G.
Honored to receive an offer from the University of Wisconsin! pic.twitter.com/PbQsqrWnvg— Lawson Albright (@AlbrightLawson) December 11, 2019
- Presumably both coaching staffs were in Muskego to check on 4-star S Hunter Wohler, but what do I know?
- Again, I’m presuming Paul Chryst found himself in Arizona to talk to 2022 QB Devin Brown. It’s crazy how early you have to start recruiting quarterbacks!
- Just look at Paul Chryst’s Under Armor dress shirt! LOOK AT IT! What an ultimate “dad move!” Getting your damn dress clothes from a sportswear company. I absolutely love and hate it all at the same time.
Hang loose, Coach Nokes.
- I wonder if Jim Leonhard was mad he didn’t get to go to Hawaii?
- 2020 3-star TE Cam Large (Dedham, Mass.) is ready to get on campus.