Twitter is a terrible and awful place filled with the worst people in the world. It is also an excellent place to find reactions to college football games! The Wisconsin Badgers blew the Minnesota Golden Gophers out of the water on Saturday afternoon, 38-17, and won Paul Bunyan’s Axe and the B1G West division title.
It was a pretty sweet, and honestly kind of unexpected, outcome that ended the past year of Gophers fans chatting shit online. What did the fine people of Twitter dot com have to say about the game? Hoo boy...was it a lot.
- ESPN’s College GameDay was in Minneapolis for the first (and most likely last) time ever and Gophers fans were frothing at the mouth from the get go.
The "F*** the #Badgers" chant has broken out at TCF Bank Stadiu m.— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) November 30, 2019
- Note the time stamp on this tweet, lol.
Congratulations to PJ Fleck and the University of Minnesota for hosting ESPN College Gameday.— Evil Paul Chryst (@PaulChrystUW) November 30, 2019
- Luckily, Jonathan Taylor had everyone on Wisconsin’s sideline locked in before kickoff.
- The Coward Currently Known As P.J. Fleck was thoroughly out-coached by Coach Dad and fourth down was only one of the facets of the game that the Badgers won.
Minnesota elected to punt from #Badgers 35-yard line on a 4th-and-2 on its second drive. Gophers elected to punt (taking a delay of game first) and haven't crossed midfield since.— Dave Heller (@dave_heller) November 30, 2019
- This is the sort of stuff that Wisconsin fans were hoping Paul Chryst and co. were “saving for the right moment.” What a wonderfully called game by Chryst and Joe Rudolph.
- Again, the Badgers coaching staff put Fleck into a large trash bag and hucked him into a dumpster on Saturday.
PJ Fleck? More like PU Fleck. Folks,,— Kim McCauley (@lgbtqfc) November 30, 2019
- Sometimes you just gotta dance. One of those times is definitely when you are whupping that ass in a rivalry game.
- Personally, I only want good and amazing things to come to Jonathan Taylor. This is a good and amazing picture from Jake aka Better Drew.
The Axe returns to Wisconsin pic.twitter.com/99HRKVmwpo— Jake Kocorowski (@JakeKoco) December 1, 2019
- I enjoyed how much former Badgers were fired up before, during and after the game. They wanted the Axe back just as much as the current players did.
The axe is back where it belongs pic.twitter.com/EqBnjJQ0y6— James White (@SweetFeet_White) December 1, 2019
- Amanda winning family bragging rights again!
So proud of my badgers! The gophers never stood a chance #onwisconsin— Amanda Kessel (@AmandaKessel28) December 1, 2019
UPDATE Sunday: Just to be clear, both of the Kessels (Amanda and her brother Phil) went to Minnesota.
- Great at football AND great at shopping deals! WHAT CAN’T THESE BADGERS DO?!?
Caesar Williams picked up this beauty on Black Friday. pic.twitter.com/f7rxGKXVrL— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) December 1, 2019
- TSA lets you bring this on the plane?????
- LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT A HUCKSTER JACKASS LOSER
PJ Fleck said he told his team after the loss that they’re still Big Ten West co-champs even if they don’t get to go to Indianapolis for the conference championship game.— Chad Graff (@ChadGraff) December 1, 2019
- I mean...I’m not wrong.
P.J. Fleck getting ready for the post game press conference. pic.twitter.com/TvaajYfLqD— Rich Hammie Quan (@drewhamm5) November 30, 2019
- Gopher fans aren’t mad, this is actually funny to them.
I guess we should take solace in the fact that the program is to the point now where trolls come out of the woodwork after a loss— The Daily Gopher (@TheDailyGopher) November 30, 2019
- Anyways, P.J. Fleck sucks and so do the Gophers!
This may be an unpopular opinion (outside of the state of Wisconsin), but I really dislike the "show" PJ Fleck puts on; always sprinting down the field, he leads his team on the field to start to the game, it just seems like he's making it more about him, than about the players.— Bucky's 5th Axe Retrieval Unit (@B5Q) November 30, 2019