Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
This man has 5 special teams tackles in one game... 5!!!!! That is nuts!!! @DerekWatt34— TJ Watt (@_TJWatt) November 8, 2019
- TROPHY. SZN.
- Vitto Brown would be a professional singer if he wasn’t a professional basketball player?!?!?
- I don’t know much about the world of hockey recruiting, but I know that I like when the Badgers get a player so I’m going to say this is an unabashedly good thing!
2002-born @MadCapsHockey forward Jack Horbach has committed to the #Badgers. The Naperville, Ill., native and former Chicago Mission player has one assist in 15 games with the Caps in the last two seasons. He had four points in five games at Select 17s.— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) November 7, 2019
- If you are a big fan of terrible facial hair, and anyone who was friends with me in college will attest that I am, and also men’s health you should think about donating some money to the hockey team’s Movember fund.
- Badger on Badger violence at the Team USA and Team Canada joint practices being held in Pittsburgh this week.
. @aRigs33 of @usahockey makes a save on a between the legs shot by @HilaryKnight during this afternoon's practice at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex. Shot for @TheIceGarden pic.twitter.com/FtbCHqXGyR— Justin Berl (@JustinBerlPhoto) November 7, 2019
- The wrestling team is off to a hot start, winning their first four duals.
Final in Buffalo! See you again tomorrow night in Edinboro— Wisconsin Wrestling (@BadgerWrestling) November 8, 2019
Wisconsin - 34
Buffalo - 3
- The men’s soccer team will be looking to make some noise as an underdog in the B1G Tournament, which starts for them on Sunday.
"I know the guys are looking forward to getting into the tournament. We've had some good success over the years."— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerMSoccer) November 5, 2019
Badgers are headed to the Big Ten Tournament this weekend and will play Penn State at 12 p.m. on Sunday.
Listen to Coach Trask's Monday morning press conference ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/wPQ0jlxUw8
- A great breakdown of why Iowa’s defense has been so good this year.
- Is this weekend’s game the most important one of Nate Stanley’s career?
- Tyler crossed enemy lines to talk with BHGP about the game and Spotted Cow.
- Look, Nebraska, their media and their fans are the worst but I appreciate a little self-awareness and self-deprecation too.
- Rutgers should be better in basketball this year and I’ll argue that even though they only beat Bryant by two points on Thursday, previous Rutgers teams would’ve lost that game.
- An overview of Michigan’s 2020 football recruiting class.
- Following in the footsteps of Wisconsin and Alabama, Ohio State and Georgia announced a home and home series starting in 2030. I’m going to say something controversial: match ups like these are good.
- The crazy bastards at Inside NU chart every throw made by their quarterback platoon every week.
- Good use of resources imo.
- #9WINDIANA is still on course. Everything is fine.