Game notes and quotes
Order is Restored pic.twitter.com/ddPE2fkDIV— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) November 30, 2019
- Paul Chryst on what Wisconsin went to Minnesota to do:
Paul Chryst:— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) December 1, 2019
They came up here with one purpose - to win this game and bring the axe home.
- Paul Chryst’s post-game presser, courtesy of 247Sports
- PJ Fleck doesn’t understand how the B1G handles conference championships...
PJ Fleck said he told his team after the loss that they’re still Big Ten West co-champs even if they don’t get to go to Indianapolis for the conference championship game.— Chad Graff (@ChadGraff) December 1, 2019
- Chris Orr and Zack Baun the first two, to get to the axe, following the win. Wouldn’t want it any other way...
- Wisconsin savagely trolling Minnesota...
“ROW ROW ROW”— Amy Gill (@amygillsports) December 1, 2019
If only Chris ORR got a turn. pic.twitter.com/uE27craXqg
- Chris Orr gained so many new hats today.
Speaking of Chris.... check out his postgame hat. pic.twitter.com/D0lGCMXvrw— Amy Gill (@amygillsports) December 1, 2019
- Caesar Williams had himself a game against the Gophers.
#Badgers Caesar Williams was already fired up about going head-to-head with MN’s Tyler Johnson at the goal line in the 4th quarter...and then he got a look from P.J. Fleck.— Erin Barney (@erin_e_barney) December 1, 2019
“This your guy? I’m ready to stop him.” pic.twitter.com/yfu7Zg5k6S
Game notes provided by UW Athletic Department
- The Badgers have earned their sixth berth to the Big Ten Football Championship Game in the event’s nine-year history — the most of any league school.
- Wisconsin now owns a 61-60-8 lead in the all-time series with Minnesota.
- The Badgers have won 22 of their last 24 meetings with the Gophers, dating to 1995.
- Wisconsin has won its last eight games vs. the Gophers in Minneapolis and owns a 6-0 record in TCF Bank Stadium.
- Wisconsin improved to 7-0 vs. Minnesota in games in which both teams are ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 (also won in 1942, 1954, 1962, 1999, 2005, 2014).
- The Badgers have won 22 of their last 24 games with a rivalry trophy on the line (vs. Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska), dating to 2010.
- Redshirt freshman RB Isaac Guerendo made the first kickoff return of his career in the 3rd quarter, accounting for 49 yards of a 56-yard return after taking a toss from Aron Cruickshank.
- Senior OLB Zack Baun had a team-high nine tackles and recorded a pair of sacks, giving him 11.5 on the season. He moves into ninth on the Badgers’ single-season list.
- Baun and Chris Orr (11.5) combine to give Wisconsin multiple players with double-digit sacks in a season for just the second time in school history (Tarek Saleh had 14.0 and Bryan Jurewicz 10.0 in 1996).
- Junior CB Caesar Williams posted his second-career interception and tallied a career-high four passes broken up.
- Junior FB Mason Stokke had two carries for 14 yards and set career-highs with three catches for 30 yards.
- The Badgers held Minnesota to 372 total yards and 76 yards rushing. Both marks qualify as the Gophers’ second-lowest totals of the season.