Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Hopefully you aren’t too hungover (drink or food related tbqh) from Thanksgiving and are prepared for a full day of college football. Rivalry Week got started in earnest on Thursday night with Egg Bowl craziness and I can’t wait to see what the rest of this weekend has in store for us.
This Egg Bowl ending was INSANE— ESPN (@espn) November 29, 2019
Ole Miss scored with 4 seconds left and had a chance to tie the game with the PAT.
After a flag for the excessive celebration moved the PAT back, the kicker missed wide right and Mississippi State held on to win the Egg Bowl 21-20. pic.twitter.com/z4U7c8JukQ
- Joe Thomas is America’s fun uncle.
...In 40 mph winds with rain and sleet...gotta love the Midwest weather at Thanksgiving https://t.co/WCospWmf0g— Joe Thomas (@joethomas73) November 28, 2019
- Let’s go get our God damned Axe back on Saturday, huh?
TAKE. IT. BACK.— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) November 29, 2019
Chapter 12: AXE pic.twitter.com/f3wRZdPBdy
- The Badgers will be heading south for Thanksgiving next season and, quite frankly, I’m not emotionally read to talk about another holiday basketball tournament.
Join us in Fort Myers next year— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) November 27, 2019
Wisconsin one of four teams, joining Butler, Colorado and South Florida, in the 2020 @FTMyersTipOff field#OnWisconsin » #Badgershttps://t.co/Y7DSN5iBvI
- The Badgers are in the Bahamas and are ready to win the University’s first holiday basketball game.
Beach ✔️— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerWBB) November 29, 2019
Game Day #OnWisconsin #Badgers #BahamasHoopFest pic.twitter.com/P7Eil5HhbW
- A rare Saturday/Sunday series for the men’s hockey team this weekend. Last year’s series with Michigan at the Kohl Center was not one to miss.
...The Kohl Center was at its best again when @weissbach68 made it back-to-back OT wins over the Wolverines last March #TBT pic.twitter.com/pc8qAeyamX— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) November 29, 2019
- Badgers are in Nashville for the weekend. Here’s what you need to know.
Read up on the 5️⃣ things you need to know before this weekend's Country Classic!https://t.co/SBh9KWxHjj— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerWHockey) November 29, 2019
- The volleyball team is in State College, Pa. looking to clinch the B1G title. Here are all of your title scenarios, courtesy of Rock.
- Sunday is a big one.
Sunday can’t come soon enough pic.twitter.com/1Hj9gwUpmw— Wisconsin Wrestling (@BadgerWrestling) November 27, 2019
- Will Iowa continue their dominance over Nebraska? For humor’s sake, let’s hope so.
- Here are five reasons why Nebraska will take back the Heroes Trophy.
- What are your thoughts on rivalry games at neutral stadiums? Is IU/PU a good game if it’s at Lucas Oil Stadium?
- Ohio State vs. Michigan, but in recruiting.
- Michigan upset UNC in the Battle 4 Atlantis and now get Gonzaga in the final.
- I don’t know if Greg Schiano will coach Rutgers next year, but I sure as shit have enjoyed following this saga.
- Terps turn it on late to outlast Temple.
- A breakdown of Minnesota’s 2020 football recruiting class.
- Illinois has had an up and down volleyball season but may be hitting their stride at the exact right time.
- 3-star 2020 Ohio DE commits to Michigan State.
B1G basketball scoreboard from these last two days (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
Michigan 83 - Iowa State 76
No. 3 Michigan State 75 - UCLA 62
Penn State 72 - Ole Miss 74
Nebraska 74 - USF 67
Northwestern 59 - Pitt 72
No. 5 Maryland 76 - Temple 69
Michigan 73 - No. 6 UNC 64
Iowa 72 - No. 12 Texas Tech 61