Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- It’s always nice to see one of your offensive linemen make national teams of the week.
The CFB Week 13 Team of the Week is here – take a look back at the top performances from this weekend – including Shea Patterson's dominant outing!— PFF (@PFF) November 25, 2019
Full Team of the Week ⬇️ ⬇️ https://t.co/IP4DLRUMBs pic.twitter.com/JIsF0TX7kS
- It is awards finalist szn and the Badgers are well represented:
.@TheFWAA announced today @BadgerFootball's C Tyler Biadasz has been named one of three finalists for the 2019 @outlandtrophy presented by @NFIDvaccines, #FightFlu.@TylerBiadasz pic.twitter.com/nFDm0s3aEP— Outland Trophy (@outlandtrophy) November 25, 2019
- More important than individual honors is getting that damn Axe back.
- The Badgers scored five points after this tweet. Five.
- The volleyball team is winning weekly awards...again. They are playing really, really well.
DANNNNNG, DANA!@dana_rettke is your Big Ten Player of the Week...again!— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) November 25, 2019
⭐️Led all players with 15 kills, 8 blocks, and 3 service aces
⭐️Averaged 4.5 kills per set while hitting .532 pic.twitter.com/5FxsBetVKr
- Kelly Sheffield fired the ol’ crootin cannons on Monday.
Commitment for @BadgerVB from Pepperdine beach player Deahna Kraft, who will have one season of eligibility indoors after completing beach career this spring. 6-footer could help at OH or in backcourt.— Dennis Punzel (@DennisPunzel) November 25, 2019
- No, not nice, Minnesota. Not nice at all!
- Where is Iowa as a football program?
- The reigning Korean Baseball Lague MVP is from the B1G! Congrats to Purdue Boilermaker Josh Lindblom.
- Rutgers football players are entering the transfer portal en masse.
- Michigan has apparently taken it personally that Ohio State has whupped that ass for the last three years.
- Kofi Cockburn won B1G Player of the Week and Freshman of the Week for basketball. Great name, great player.
- Michigan State is in such shambles as a football program they’ve resorted to recruiting Canada. They got a verbal commitment from a 3-star 2020 OT from the Great White North.
- Minnesota fans are excited for Saturday.
- Speaking of Minnesota, we here at B5Q wish Casey O’Brien nothing but the best and hope that he continues to kick cancer’s ass. Fuck cancer.
B1G basketball scoreboard from this weekend (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
Northwestern 78 - Bradley 51
Indiana 88 - La. Tech 75
Nebraska 82 - Washington State 71
No. 10 Ohio State 71 - Kent State 52
No. 3 Michigan State 66 - Virginia Tech 71
Glad we could help ease the pain, MSU.