Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- That’s a lot of goals already accomplished this year.
Another honor for our five-time All American, Alicia Monson... ’— Wisconsin Track & Field (@BadgerTrackXC) November 19, 2019
Defended her Nutty title ✔️
Defended her B1G title ✔️
Defended her Regional title ✔️
Earned a spot at NCAAs ✔️ pic.twitter.com/U4dyx7fnBa
- It’s best not to deal in “what ifs” but man...that Illinois loss sure is looking worse and worse every week.
- Abby Roque was also named the No. 1 star in the whole dang country for her performance against Minnesota State over the weekend.
- The wrestling team is still hanging around in the top-ten in a couple of polls.
No. 7️⃣ in the country pic.twitter.com/TviiileaFC— Wisconsin Wrestling (@BadgerWrestling) November 19, 2019
Seth Gross is No. 1 at 133 pounds, Tristan Moran is No. 11 at 141, Cole Martin is No. 14 at 149, Evan Wick is No. 3 at 165 and Trent Hilger is the No. 8 heavyweight in the country according to FloWrestling.
- I love that for most of the season Wisconsin fans have all been like “yeah, the offensive line is ok, I guess but they could be doing a lot better.” Quite the legacy here in the trenches.
Joe Moore Award semifinalists, signifying nation’s top offensive line— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) November 19, 2019
- It would be nice if the Badgers could win two in a row against the Gophers this weekend.
An old rivalry — the #Badgers and Gophers have met 290 times — has a young twist this season. They're the two youngest teams in @collegehockey. More on the upcoming series at Mariucci:https://t.co/te42g1wRdw— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) November 19, 2019
- The Badgers are heading south for Thanksgiving.
Meet our teams! The @uwbadgers Women’s Basketball Team will be in the Bahamas for Thanksgiving & we’re sure this is exactly how the energy will be the entire weekend! Are you ready to visit the Bahamas? #Mood #BahamasHoopFest pic.twitter.com/qKMCkj0T64— Bahamas Hoopfest (@bahamashoopfest) November 19, 2019
- My sister went to Duke and I will not abide another loss in an NCAA Tournament to her or the Blue Devils. Just to add a little pressure on the team.
- Here is what Jeff Brohm had to say about his Boilermakers and their matchup with the Badgers this weekend.
- A nice statistical breakdown from the Nebraska/Wisconsin game last weekend.
- Greg Schiano is “all in” on returning to Rutgers. Hoo baby!
- B1G hoops power rankings from Maize N’ Brew.
- Ohio State fans don’t care about Penn State.
Using data collected at knowrivalry.com, its clear that Ohioans only have one team on the brain, and it’s exactly who you would expect. Fans collectively decided to allocate 90.71 out of 100 “rivalry points” to the Wolverines. That doesn’t leave a lot for any one else. And yet, Penn State doesn’t even register as second on the hate scale, that honor going to Wisconsin. Penn State came in third at a measly 3.51 points.
But look at Wisconsin! They don’t like us! The really don’t like us!!
- It would be really fun in Northwestern beat Minnesota. Here are the key match ups that the Cats would need to win to have a chance.
- Illinois kicked a sophomore DL off the team on Tuesday.
- Indiana football is keen on sticking around.
- Mark Dantonio is planning on being the coach in East Lansing next year.
- Tanner Morgan is in concussion protocol and his status for Minnesota’s game against Northwestern is unclear.
B1G basketball scoreboard from last night (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
Penn State 98 - Bucknell 70
Northwestern 56 - Radford 67
No. 6 Maryland 74 - Fairfield 55