Here is your spot to discuss all of the Saturday happenings with fellow Badgers fans. Drew will be at the Border Battle hockey game for No. 1 Wisconsin (10-0-0) vs. No. 2 Minnesota (9-1-0), your TV will have all of the day’s college football action and hopefully your fridge has all of the food and beer you need to enjoy a day on the couch because it is probably snowing/just snowed where you live.
To get your day started right take a peak at Belz’s recap from the men’s basketball exhibition last night and discuss what you think the rotation should look like before Micah Potter comes back.
How to watch/listen
TV: BTN+ (this is an additional subscription service that you probably don’t pay for), 2:07 p.m. CT, couldn’t find who the announcers will be
Radio/Satellite: 1310 AM
Live stats: Here!
Arena: Ridder Arena, Minneapolis, Minn.
' !— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerWHockey) November 2, 2019
No. 1 #Badgers No. 2 Minnesota
⏰ - 2 p.m. CT
(1310 AM) - https://t.co/dLho8idFst
(BTN Plus) - https://t.co/PtUtywMQEu
- https://t.co/VDyHCycfVS pic.twitter.com/8h8IfmZ2v5
Fun facts (according to the media guides)
- Wisconsin enters this weekend with a 24-game unbeaten streak and a 17-game winning streak.
- Sophie Shirley, the 2019 WCHA Rookie of the Year, enters this weekend with a five-game goal streak.
- Daryl Watts leads the nation with 28 points.
The Border Battle is back today, and Daryl Watts is excited to experience it when the No. 1 #Badgers play at No. 2 Minnesota.https://t.co/FIihWLxqlS— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) November 2, 2019
- Wisconsin leads the country in power-play percentage (.487) and power-play goals (19). UW is only 10 power-play goals away from matching its total during the 2018-19 season.
- Despite trailing the overall series (Minnesota has a 52-39-11 all-time record against Wisconsin), the Badgers have won nine of the last 12 meetings with the Golden Gophers, including two match ups in the NCAA tournament and a game in the WCHA Final Faceoff.
- Minnesota ranks second in the WCHA and fifth in the nation with an average of 4.70 goals per game.