Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Most of these goals were scored by Minnesota. ::shakes fist at sky::
Goals are hard to come by against this bunch. #WCHA.— WCHA Women's Hockey (@WCHA_WHockey) November 18, 2019
WCHA Team Statistics: https://t.co/YDK94QUPga#WeAreWCHA | #LeadersAndChampions pic.twitter.com/Zobi9Ig1TP
- Your co-B1G offensive player of the week, ladies and gentlemen.
Over 200 yards rushing.— PFF College (@PFF_College) November 18, 2019
11 missed tackles forced.
Jonathan Taylor is a MACHINE! pic.twitter.com/zOUCM5VGGZ
- It is nice when people I don’t know but think are friends turn out to be friends.
From Roommates since they arrived to Madison, to combining for 19.5 sacks so far their senior year.— George Balekji NBC15 (@GeorgeBalekji) November 19, 2019
Wisconsin’s Zack Baun (@zackbizzaun) and Chris Orr (@Chris_Guwap) weren’t shy to share their pride for one another, and how they’ve helped each other in their careers. pic.twitter.com/2wd9QzMmLD
- This is the best basketball related emoji out there. By law, though, you have to tag Ben Simmons when you use it.
Don’t sleep on this team 6 players in double-figures yesterday. pic.twitter.com/tsz7nz5AMh— Tim Venus (@venus_tim) November 18, 2019
- The Badgers are headed west for the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
The #Badgers are in the second round of the @NCAASoccer tournament for the fourth-straight year!— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerWSoccer) November 18, 2019
Hear what Coach Wilkins has to say about this weekend's showdown with Duke. pic.twitter.com/K96PH3Xlot
From the UW press release: “The Wisconsin women’s soccer team will head to Los Angeles for the second and third rounds of the 2019 NCAA Women’s Soccer Championship. UW, the No. 3 seed, will take on Duke on Friday in a 7 p.m. CT (5 p.m. PT) game at Wallis Annenberg Stadium. The winner of UW/Duke will take on the winner of No. 2 UCLA/Clemson on Sunday in a 6 p.m. CT (4 p.m. PT) contest.”
It appears both games will be streamed on PAC-12.com.
- Play it on repeat on my gravestone.
Thiiiiiiiiiisssssssss pllllllaaaaaaaayyyyy frommmmmmmmm Kobeeeeeeeeee issssssssss juuuuuusssssst aaaaaaaaas gooooooood iiiiinnnnnn slowwwwwww motiooonnnnnnnnnnn#SloMoMonday » #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/5l2u2IZdhm— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) November 18, 2019
- The videos that the athletic department have been producing this year have been nothing short of outstanding.
we made OUR STATEment— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) November 19, 2019
Dim the lights. Turn up the volume.
Relive our win over Marquette#OnWisconsin » #Badgers pic.twitter.com/RFUu9RQVHu
- Just good advice regardless of the time of year tbqh.
Top 13 ways to get rid of gophers.https://t.co/IRBm4xWM9K— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) November 19, 2019
- Despite playing, and beating, a Big East team last week, the Badgers were not involved in this year’s Gavitt Games. The B1G emerged victorious without Wisconsin’s help which is, fine I guess? Do we care about this?
- Purdue has a good TE. Someone tell Jim Leonhard that I said that so he knows to cover him on Saturday.
- I don’t know much about wrestling scoring, but Iowa beating a team 39-0 seems good no matter the sport.
- Rutgers men’s basketball is getting very existential and searching for their identity.
- Michigan is still, rightfully, mad about the cheap shot that MSU DL Jacub Panasiuk delivered to Shea Patterson at the end of the game.
- Literally every pregame show will be at Ohio Stadium on Saturday. Well, I guess not the SEC that Finebaum is on...but every other one!
- Illinois is out for revenge against Iowa.
- In case you missed it, the Axe game will kickoff at 2:30 p.m. CT in two Saturdays.
B1G basketball scoreboard from last night (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
No. 3 Michigan State 94 - Charleston Southern 46
No. 10 Ohio State was beating Stetson 42-14 at halftime and there’s no way I check that score again, so assume the Buckeyes won big.
Illinois 66 - Hawaii 53