The No. 14 Wisconsin Badgers (8-2 overall, 5-2 B1G) sit in second place in the B1G West division with two games remaining on the schedule. The Badgers have their home finale against the shorthanded Purdue Boilermakers this weekend and then travel to Minneapolis for the biggest Axe Game in recent memory against the division leading Minnesota Golden Gophers.
Wisconsin can still win their division, they just have to win their last two games. That won’t be an easy task, per se, but it is all a team that lost to Illinois earlier this year can ask for tbqh.
Now that the season is winding down it is time to look at where national media outlets have projected the Badgers to go bowling:
- Bleacher Report: Citrus Bowl (January 1): Wisconsin vs. Auburn
- 247 Sports: Citrus Bowl (January 1): Wisconsin vs. Auburn
- Banner Society: Outback Bowl (January 1) Wisconsin vs. Kentucky
- The Sporting News: Citrus Bowl (January 1) Wisconsin vs. Florida
- CBS Sports: The Rose Bowl Game (January 1) Wisconsin vs. Oregon
- ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: The Rose Bowl Game (January 1) Wisconsin vs. Utah
- ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura: Citrus Bowl (January 1) Wisconsin vs. Auburn
It seems that popular logic would have the Badgers traveling to Florida to take on an SEC team, most likely Auburn, on the first day of 2020. That would be pretty fun, but there are a couple of absolute madmen that have the Badgers heading west on January 1st which...well...that would be even more fun!
A Rose Bowl rematch with Oregon would be awesome. A Rose Bowl game against Utah, who the Badgers haven’t played since 1996, would be awesome. The Rose Bowl is just awesome, plan and simple.
Obviously, a couple of things would have to happen for the Rose Bowl to be on the table. The Badgers would have to beat Purdue and Minnesota. The Buckeyes would have to beat Penn State and Michigan. Then, sadly, Wisconsin would have to be sacrificed at the altar of St. Elmo’s Steakhouse in Indianapolis with a beatdown at the hands of Ohio State...again.
So, there is a lot still to play for in terms of bowl position, as well as trophies, for this Badgers football team. Buckle up, because the last two weeks of the season should be pretty wild.