Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- It takes one to know one, as they say.
I think Nate Reuvers will be a pro. He’s only going to get better and you can’t teach 6’11, with a knockdown 3, and elite rim protection. He fits the mold and he’ll get more skilled by the day.— Sam Dekker (@dekker) November 17, 2019
- It’s pretty fun have such a dominant team on campus.
After this game, @BadgerWHockey will have the top three scorers in the country again as Abby Roque's two goals and two assists move her into a tie for second with Shirley with 28 points. Watts has a goal and two assists for 33 points to lead the country.— Nicole Haase (@NicoleHaase) November 17, 2019
- We might just post this clip every day for the rest of the basketball season.
- The Summer Olympics are coming up in 2020 and it would be really cool to have more Badgers to cheer on.
- What a special moment this must have been for Sarah Dodd who had been recovering from an ACL injury that had kept her out of action until Sunday against Michigan State.
- Marquette got their asses swept this weekend.
- Speaking of sweeps, the Badgers were this close to sweeping Notre Dame over the weekend, but the Irish went right down the ice and scored, like, 20 seconds after this to get the series split. C’est la vie.
Better view of Cole Caufield's OT breakaway shot cleared from the goal line. pic.twitter.com/e0Hmaf4RcI— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) November 17, 2019
- Presented only with Steve’s accurate comment.
The last 20 years of Wisconsin and Nebraska football, in one play: pic.twitter.com/PqEoCTqE6i— Steve Greenberg (@SLGreenberg) November 16, 2019
- That’s SCENIC Terra Haute, Indiana to you.
’— Wisconsin Track & Field (@BadgerTrackXC) November 16, 2019
For the 57th time in program history ’ ! See you next weekend in Terre Haute, Indiana pic.twitter.com/vhnKd4UhBp
- We will have much more on this, but Dani Rhodes and the soccer team are moving on to the second round of the NCAA Tournament after beating Milwaukee.
- It was a really rough weekend for schools from Milwaukee traveling to Madison to play sports.
- Did you hear that Iowa beat Minnesota in football on Saturday?
- Penn State swept Minnesota in men’s hockey over the weekend.
- In a top-10 matchup, PSU is almost a three touchdown underdog to OSU.
- The semifinalists were announced for the Mortell Award, the most prestigious in all of college football.
- 3-star 2021 OG out of Iowa commits to Nebraska.
- Corn Nation’s report card for the game against Wisconsin. They were pleased with the offense, as they should be, and displeased with their defense, again...as they should be.
- You want chaos? Let’s talk about Michigan making the CFP!
- Rutgers wrestling is off to a hot start.
- The Malört Bowl was epic!
- Everyone should be aware that Illinois can still win the B1G West.
- #9WINDIANA gave the Nittany Lions everything they could handle on Saturday.
- Mark Dantonio is basically done in East Lansing.
- Never play Iowa on the road as a highly ranked team, Minnesota. This is basic stuff.