Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- I can’t imagine this is what people will be talking about on Friday, what with Myles Garrett hitting Mason Rudolph in the head with his own helmet, but Joe Schobert had an outstanding game for the Browns. Seven tackles and two picks!
- I always like when players gas up their former teammates from college.
- More ‘crootin info!
Impressive signing for the Badgers.— Travis Miller (@TravisMillerFlo) November 14, 2019
Canadian Abdullahi Hassan won the NBNI 800m in 2019.
His 1:47.5 and 46.8 combined 800m/400m PBs are significantly better than any Class of 2020 recruit in those events. pic.twitter.com/tJ60Z0r04D
- Add another “Badger in the NHL” to the list for this season.
- This match was like a fire at the circus...intense. Ok, that joke works better when you say it, but that doesn’t change the fact that the Badgers went into Minneapolis and came away with a MONSTER victory.
Rock had mentioned in The Sett earlier this week that the Gophers ain’t really played anybody in conference yet this year, outside of the Badgers who they have now lost to twice. Game recap and quotes are coming later this morning.
- It is TOURNEY TIME, BABY! The women’s soccer team opens up the NCAA Tournament at home against Milwaukee at 5 p.m. CT.
- Don’t eat wings before the game.
- Badgers struggle in Boulder and lose their first game of the season.
- Let’s go out there and have some fun! Is that not the attitude we’re going for?
- Tyler Ulis’ brother, Ahron, is going to Iowa.
- Losing to Minnesota is giving Penn State fans a real existential crisis.
- Purdue is getting a new scoreboard. Kind of a, uh, slow news day around the B1G, huh?
- Five reasons Nebraska will lose to Wisconsin from the fine folks at Corn Nation.
- The athletic directors of Michigan and Michigan State put out a joint statement before the game this weekend to tell fans to behave themselves. IMO they should just let them fight it out. More entertaining for me that way.
- Has adding Rutgers been good for the B1G? Well,,,no.
- A great story on how Jeremy Larkin has continued to help the Northwestern football team even after he had to medically retire.
- Gophers volleyball roundup including a good breakdown of the signing day haul.
B1G basketball scoreboard from last night (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
Penn State 81 - Georgetown 66
No. 3 Michigan State 76 - No. 12 Seton Hall 73 (Myles Powell had 37 points. He’s good.)